Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] Empty
PostSubject: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

The Region of Gensokyo: Pokémon AU Roleplay

It was that time of year again.

Professor Eiki, organized as could be, all places memorized and categorized, things in order, was as close to 'excited' as the yama could be, for a rather emotionless, neutral person like her. To meet new people, see what was inside them, decide what types fit them, and offer them three options; of which this choice could affect their whole future. It all depended on those three that would be offered to the spry young trainer-to-be who came in. Only someone with such skills and reponsibility as her couuld do it. And she reveled in it.

She walked through the various rooms of the laboratory, always kept clean and tidy, checking on all the Pokemon stored in there, usually sound asleep or in a sort of meditation when not roaming around on the grassy pastures in the back. Just about all of them were categorized, and sending trainers off to 'collect more data' was almost an excuse to give them away, and an excuse to have the person themselves develop, as well as the Pokemon that would surely be better off in other hands. They were all agreeable enough, but each still had their own personality, traits, and specialties.

She had sent out the notice already this time of year; it gave a quick run-down of the starter-obtaining process for new trainers, which saved them from hearing her excruciatingly thorough lectures on it. As long as they were over ten, budding trainers could simply show up at the lab in a set time period and introduce themselves to her. By seeing them, Eiki would be able to judge what the trainer theirself was like, and pick three Pokemon she believe suited them best, none of them the same time. The trainer would pick one Pokemon to take with them, she would hand them their essential equipment--including Pokeballs and a Pokedex--wish them prosperous journeys, and bid them goodbye.

So happened this series of events every year, and she had sent out the notice all last week, including a short television broadcast. From this period on potential trainers could come by and meet her and their new Pokemon-to-be.

She was completely prepared.

Eiki left the door to her study ajar and awaited the trainers to come.

What would they be like? Surely faces she'd seen before, faces she had long known, faces she had never seen before.

Not only was it a journey for the budding trainers, it was a journey for herself as well.

☯☯☯☯☯

☯ This is a roleplay for Touhou and Pokémon crossover--however, it's not Touhoumon. The Touhou characters own Pokémon.
☯ It takes place in Gensokyo, of course.
☯ Character relationships stay canon, but I believe obligations can be duly set aside. This is an AU.
☯ Eiki is the Pokémon Professor, the Gym Leaders are listed below, and the Elite Four are Sanae, Youmu, Sakuya and Marisa in that order down-up. Reimu is the champion.
☯ Open to all. You can have more than one character, of course, if you can handle it.

☯☯☯☯☯

rules and guidelines:

☯☯☯☯☯

posting and process:

☯☯☯☯☯

Code:
[b][u]Sign-up Sheet:[/u][/b]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Picture/sprite is fine, as well as just copypasting from other character profiles, unless their look/wear is different. No need to go all out here.)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Include if they're offensive/defensive/mix, how they view/treat Pokemon and would other people.)
[b]Bio:[/b] (If headcanon'd; optional)
[b]Preferred Type:[/b] (If a type is named, you will definitely get a Pokemon from said type in your choice. A certain Pokemon, like 'Poochyena', does not ensure it. However, saying something like 'Bird Pokemon' gives you a better chance of getting a Starly.)

☯☯☯☯☯

gym leaders:

Last edited by Shizuku on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Gensokyo   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

[size=10]The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] Pokema10
The PokeMart:

A building in every place that holds many important items that Trainers will have. It's a nicer alternative than attempting to survive solely on the items picked up from the floor in random bouts of luck. PokeMarts can range from nice clean shops to a few people at a stand. The purpose is the same--to sell and buy items to and from trainers.

☯ At each PokeMart that you drop by (it's optional, but why would you opt out?) you can take up to five items of your choice or five items at random, however you like it.
☯ In general, you will be allowed twenty of a certain item. There is an item storage if you ever need to go there.
☯ Virtually anything is at the PokeMart, but if looking for items like the stat-raisers, it will take up two of your item choice.

the most common pokemart items:

Last edited by Shizuku on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:13 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Character Profiles   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:04 pm

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] Pixelr10
Remilia Scarlet :: The Eternally Red Moon
info:
inventory:
key items:
Team::
The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 359
Absol LV. 5 ♂
Bashful nature. Alert to sounds.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] Pixelt10
Tenshi Hinanawi :: The Young Mistress of Bhava-Agra
info:
Inventory ::
Team ::

Last edited by Shizuku on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 12:06 am

will I ever need this post?

Last edited by Shizuku on Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 6:43 pm

i see...id love to do remilia or satori but the problem is theyre bound to being stuck in their select location. :u think i should try a more free char?
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 7:59 pm

I kind of just figured that it's a semi-AU in which nobody's really bound to their place?? hence , Gym Leaders and stuff; I generally figure that there's not so much hierarchy mistress/servant thing like there should be, because just about everyone in Gensokyo is part of some place, save for the stage 1/2 bosses, so...I was just going to bypass that since it's AU erm

like, they do have obligations but it's not so pressing? I mean, yeah technically they're the rulers there but nobody would really mind if they went out to get Pokémon and stuff and--I have yet to work that out fully but I'd just assume that the characters are free to do as they please, we're really just taking the Touhous and...putting them in a Pokémon AU that's still in Gensokyo I'm not quite sure how to explain it.

I'd just be the character you think you're best at umu
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Character Name: Remilia Scarlet
Appearance: A very short and pale girl (standing at 4'10) She has pale blue and wavy hair that falls to her shoulder. Remilia dresses in a pale pink dress slightly stained with blood. (kind of think of it in a watercolor fashion) She wears a pink mob cap adorned with a red ribbon.
Personality: She's a very haughty and self centered brat, truthfully she has the right to be. While power has not gone to her head, she's very well aware of what she's capable of. While she's a horrible enemy to make, she's not much better as a friend either. However, she greatly respects those who work in her mansion. Remilia is fond of using strategies that involve hitting fast and hard. For those who can't, she enjoys using attacks that leech health from other pokemon. While she's a tad bit tough on her pokemon and doesn't have patience for weak ones, once you gain her respect, she's loyal to them for life.
Bio: Owner of the Scarlet Devil Mansion. She did not originate from Gensokyo and came for incredibly private reasons. Now she spends her time maintaining her fearsome reputation as the Scarlet Devil and occasionally makes mischief and even rarely assists with solving incidents.
Preferred Type: She enjoys using dark and flying pokemon. Rather fond of pokemon that are good with leeching health. She has a soft spot for those with a bat-like look.

i'll write up a starter sooner or later. im gonna guess around tonight but i'm a bit capricious in terms of my writing patterns

e by Shizuku: I have no idea why applications even need to be 'approved' but yeah obviously this is approved haha I see you've already made a starter which is totally okay I just. Thought I'd officially say it.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:07 pm

(somehow its painfully long yet rushed. i have to skedaddle someplace)
As usual, the mistress of the Scarlet Devil mansion remained in her home. She was tucked away from the agonizing brightness that dared burn the skin of one of the most charismatic figures in Gensokyo. As a vampire, it was a tad bit humiliating being weak to something that was vital to many creatures,  but there was not much she could do to resist this. On the bright side, she did happen to own a parasol that shields her from the horrid touch of the sun. She rarely used it as it was difficult to see beyond the shade the parasol provided, so the mistress often stayed within the dim mansion.
However, something would change that today.
Today, her maid Sakuya informed her of some unusual news. Supposedly the yama, Professor Eiki was feeling generous and would provide a starter for those interested in undergoing the path of becoming a pokemon trainer. Luckily the notification Sakuya received told of the process new trainers would experience and would save time from the wordy professor. Now, while Remilia was often reluctant to leave her mansion during the day time, this certinally peaked her interest. A pokemon for her to train and pit against others? How amusing.
She contemplated for barely a moment before agreeing to becoming a pokemon trainer. Remilia called her maid over, demanding triumphantly for her to bring her parasol. She thought for a moment and considered whether to bring Sakuya or not, but since Remilia was likely to be out for a very long time, she figured it would be best to leave her most trusted maid in charge.
Bidding her loved ones farewell, she began her journey to the laboratory where her pokemon would be given to her.
Long moments later, she arrived at the lab and noted the doors in her study were open. She supposed it was to indicate that her doors were open to anyone who wanted to experience their first time as a trainer, metaphorically and figuratively. She waltzed inside with a great air of haughty dignity, twirling her parasol playfully. Walking in, she was presented with the lady who would present her with her first pokemon.
"Professor Eiki? I'm here to begin training pokemon. I'm hoping you have something strong, I don't have time for those who can't keep up," She retorted sharply.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Remilia's Starters   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:06 pm

Somehow, Eiki was not particularly surprised upon the arrival of the first potential trainer, being that it was the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion, who came off as pretentious more than regal and charismatic, as others had supposed. Perhaps the yama was just immune to the young vampire's charms, or age had altered her views on many, many things. Nothing would change the fact that she was the judge, however, and that would always stay with her.

As expected, Remilia's voice cut in sharp and quick as Eiki walked out of her personal study to formally greet the other, as if the vampire had no time to waste and wanted to get the process over with immediately. This only served to make the yama feel more inclined to lecture, perhaps out of amusement more than a real reason--but her job at the moment was to guide budding trainers and nudge them to begin their journey, not cut it short before it began.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 4711

A quick nod of reply and her gaze flicked from the vampire to the rooms with Pokémon stored in them. "Hardly can I just give you the strongest Pokémon I have; that would eliminate the whole point of this. So, what you're truly looking for is--something you can raise to become incredibly strong, isn't it? In that case, there should be little problem. I'll be with you in a moment." From times before she'd learned to cut herself short, but it was still nice to relish in just a few more lines before turning to other matters.

Over time her choosing had gone from a few minutes to a near instant, her ability to peer into one's mind and see what they were like becoming more skillful the more often she used it. Three balls were plucked from the shelves and she returned to Remilia, letting out the three Pokémon on the table in the front.

The first was an extremely small Pokémon, merely a foot in height; what looked like a small child with a purple face and black body. It wore a white ribbon and had one on either side of its face. The Pokémon tilted its head left and right, eyes never moving, as if it was staring intently at something. "Gothita," Eiki introduced, "It relies on moves involving the psyche and fooling its opponents. It's on the weaker side now, naturally, but it becomes very well-rounded later on. This one has a rather relaxed nature, and likes to eat a lot."

The second looked like a very fluffy bat, or what you might call if there was a pale blue puffball with wings and a large heart-shaped nose. Its eyes seemed to be permanently closed--not that bats had very good vision in the first place, so hardly was it impaired--and it hovered up and down cheerily. "Woobat. It's also a psychic-relying Pokémon and seems like the type you'd like best, considering it's a bat and it's very fast. Other statistics are...mediocre, but good enough, but it's a pretty mild one."

"And this is Absol." The third was the tallest, and a condescending aura seemed to circulate it. It was cat-like with a dark blue body covered in white fur, with a blue jewel on its head and something like a horn on its right side. Its deep red eyes were narrowed, and it seemed as if it would be a scarier Pokémon, but it seemed to be shrinking back a little, oddly enough. "Generally it's fairly powerful if you know how to use it correctly, but it can be difficult to get along with at first. Considering this one is sort of bashful, already rather rare, it might be a hurdle you need to hop over. It's very alert, which is a trait that helps it predict disasters."

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 574The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 527The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 359

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 2310

"Don't be too hasty in making such a choice. This will affect the rest of your journey, since it's your first Pokémon, so give it a bit of thought before picking so quickly."

Pokemon Stats:

(haha do not think you need to reply this much because I've having too much fun.)
Back to top Go down
Momijo
Human
Human
Momijo

Location : United States, Ar, That one place in the south where I am the only Touhou fan in existence

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:24 pm

Character Name: Tenshi Hinanawi
Appearance: Long cerulean blue hair that falls to about her waist. Tenshi has dark red eyes and long blue hair. She wears a white button-up blouse with a red bow at the collar, a blue dress with a light blue bow on the back and brown lace-up boots similar to that of Alice Margatroid's and carries an apron on her dress. The apron has a rainbow-patterned shard link around it, and wears a black hat decorated with two peaches and leaves.
Personality: She's quite the brat. Very selfish and spoiled, Tenshi will tend to do things that benefit her. She's easily aggravated and will take this aggression out in a battle and claim that she wasn't strong enough if she loses. She can be kind though, specifically to her team. She may be a brat, but she does take care of her party because she understands it benefits her. She can also be kind to other folk, if she finds them worth being kind to. Even though she likes using Defensive tank like Pokemon, she tends to take a more offensive route in a battle, choosing to go all out rather than draw out the fight.
Bio: A celestial who's gotten bored with heaven again and heard about the beings known as "Pokemon". She figured it sounded fun enough and she descended from her throne, so to speak, to engage in the mysterious fun. Her current goal is to beat everyone she comes across and have herself some jolly good fun.
Preferred Type: Rock. "Ain't nothin' better than a rock hard defense!"
Back to top Go down
Momijo
Human
Human
Momijo

Location : United States, Ar, That one place in the south where I am the only Touhou fan in existence

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 pm

For once in her life, Tenshi woke up by herself, got dressed by herself, and left her palace in the sky. Today was a big day for her, she was going to become a Pokemon Trainer! She heard from others that it's a lot of fun and eventually Tenshi decided that it was time to join in the fray herself. She was gonna get the biggest baddest Pokemon today, or so she thought.
The celestial landed from heaven with a loud crash, shaking the ground around her. She got up, dusted her dress off, and began a full sprint for her destination, Eiki's lab. Tenshi slowed down along the way though, something unusual for her to do. She had decided to admire the scenery to help calm herself down, she hadn't noticed until now, but her heart was racing so quickly so vigorously! She was excited to find out who her first partner would be and what they'd look like. Would it be male or female? The celestial shuddered in anticipation and with a big jump in the air, arms outstretched and her voice shouting "Yahoo!", Tenshi resumed her sprint towards Professor Eiki's home.
The door that was left open swung open as far as it could, a loud crash as it hit the wall. Tenshi stood in the doorway, panting heavily. "Hey....Eiki...I wanna...become a Pokemon...trainer." She stopped so she could catch her breath and pick herself up from her hunched over posture. "So what do ya got for me? Hope it's something cool! Better be something cool!"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Tenshi's Starter   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 7:28 pm

After the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion had left, Eiki was left wondering if the next arrival would be as eccentric and particulate as the vampire was. She was only left a moment alone before a loud crash resonated throughout the whole laboratory, blessed by enough luck that the sound of shattering glass was absent. Quickly she made her way to the front--why had she returned to the back of the building if more people were coming?--to check for potential broken things or damage. She kept about nine feet away from the doorway, peering out the large windows to investigate her surroundings. All seemed to be fine, save for the absolutely not suspicious, large gaping hole not too far off from the entrance to the laboratory.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 5011

She had no doubt to who her next visitor was.

As long as no noticeable harm to the laboratory was done--while the crash shook the foundation, it seemed to have righted itself again--she retreated back several steps so that she was standing behind the table to more formally greet the Celestial, whose footsteps were overly noisy and increasing in decibels as Tenshi approached. A loud cry of "Yahoo!" split the previously settling silence of the area, the high-pitched teenage-child voice unmistakable.

And, as expected, long blue hair flowing behind her,  hand on hat to keep it from falling off, breathing hard and bent over from sudden fatigue, Tenshi Hinanawi had arrived.

"Tenshi." Her voice, even in greeting, was soft in contrast to the other girl's more boisterous voice. It came as no surprise to Eiki that Tenshi--just as childish as always--wanted the best Pokémon possible. But the judge would not give away her prizes so easily, and certainly not to a child such as she. "Yes, I've got three Pokémon for you to pick from. Of course, it's subjective whether you think your new Pokémon is 'cool' or not...but there is absolutely no reason for me to give you the best Pokémon I have on hand instantly." She took a breath to pause, ready to deliver a long lecture.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 6210

"You are going on a journey! The point is for you to start small and continue to grow throughout battling and meeting other trainers and Pokémon, so that you can train your Pokémon, and yourself, and by the end of your laments you will be a changed person. That is the utter goal, besides to defeat the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four--those are merely incentives, bragging rights, fame points, because what I am truly looking for at the finalization of your journey, is to see if you have changed yourself. As such, I will not so simply be handing you the 'cool', 'strong', 'amazing' Pokémon you are looking for...not to you, of all people, who needs to grow more than most." With that, the yama turned away to head toward her stores of Pokémon, the creatures she'd thought would fit Tenshi instantly being taken down by her to show to the Celestial. She was back in less than a minute, which must have felt like hours to the impatient girl.

Three Pokeballs were set on the table, and white glittering light appeared when Eiki pressed the button mechanism on them, revealing the three Pokémon Tenshi could pick from.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 207f

"The first Pokémon is Gligar. It is a bat type which has good defense and speed, but its other statistics are...mediocre, but agreeable. She's fairly timid, however, so it will take some coaxing for you to train her into a great Pokémon." The yama pointed toward the pink Pokémon, which was fluttering in a circular motion in front of Tenshi, but its movement limited itself and it kept closer to Eiki.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 585

"The second one is Deerling. As you can see, it's a deer." That was plain enough. "Its main point is that it's very fast, and is more of a semi-well-rounded type. Its unique ability is that it changes its fur patterns according to the season. Currently, it is spring, so its fur is pink. In summer, it's green, autumn is orance, and winter is brown. Its evolved form, Sawsbuck, has similar fur patterns, and serves as a more well-rounded type. This one is pretty bold, so his personality will probably match yours." The buck was pawing at the table a bit, a cheerful and slightly curious expression on its face--though the fighting spirit in its eyes was clear.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 510

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 246

"The third, Larvitar, might be more difficult to raise." As opposed to the other two, which chattered at each other, the reptilian Pokémon was much quieter, keeping to itself and hopping a few times before resorting to sit and stare at Tenshi. "You may see it as weak right now, but its evolved forms are much, much more formidable. However, it takes a lot of training and getting along to raise a Larvitar. Still, it is your choice to choose her for your journey or not. That I offer this opportunity to you is rather lucky, actually." And maybe the smallest hint of a smile was on the yama's lips.

"These three, Gligar, Deerling, and Larvitar, are your possibilities. Choose wisely."

Stats:
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 3:58 am

(I'M SO UPSET MY DAD HAD TO USE THE COMPUTER AND I WAS FINISHING UP A RESPONSE ONLY TO FIND OUT HE CLOSED THE WINDOW. URHGHG)
"Fine, fine! I suppose that's what I'm looking for. Just anything that has enough potential to be worthy of my company," She boasted, flexing her wings to induce a much more large and intimidating air. She batted her hand nonchalantly through the air, not interested in being corrected by the yama and far more preoccupied with the idea of receiving her first pokemon.
As Professor Eiki left the room, Remilia's gaze fled about the room, examining her surroundings with a humble curiosity. It brought to mind Patchouli. Reminiscent of her bookish nature, Remilia was almost certain the magician would be fond of studying the science of pokemon. The purple haired librarian was often found with her eyes scanning a book. It was such a rarity to see her do anything other than that to the point where Remilia found her memory slipping of the rest of Patchouli's features.
Her focus then fled to the yama who emerged from the other room with three orbs in hand. She then walked to the table and out manifested three different pokemons, all contrasting heavily against one another. She rushed over, her crimson eyes widing with genuine and child-like curiosity, amused at the sight of her potential partner.
She held most interest in the middle pokemon who happened to be fluttering about in a jovial fashion. It reminded her a lot of herself, due to the bat-like nature of it. However, it even shared some little characteristics such as the soft blue coat, matching her hair color, not to mention the wings it was using to fly were like a minuscule version of the vampire.
The Yama then spoke, explaining the pros and cons that came with each of the pokemon that laid in front of her. For once, she listened attentively, the vampire swallowed the professor's words with a great hunger.
Gothita, the child-like one, was certainly endearing despite its intense gaze at what seemed to be nothing. She furrowed her eyes a bit, moving on to the next one after listening to Eiki's lecture.
There was the bat-like one, which was named woobat. It was a favorite of hers until she remarked is stats being mediocre. How unfortunate. The odds her choosing it were lowered quite a bit.
Eiki then presented the last pokemon, despite exerting an intimidating aura, it contrasted heavily with a shy expression. The vampire told her she had no time for those who could not catch up but something...Just something fascinated her about this one. She peered at it intensely, locking her blood red eyes with the other's.
As Eiki finished, Remilia pondered for a moment. Deciding who the pick, the absol still left her curious, she could sense the incredible amount of potential it held. Moments later, she gave her attention to the professor, with the decision in mind. She trusted her finger pointing to the timid absol.
"I'm choosing that one," She said with great certainty.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: remiliascarlet   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 1:26 pm

Eiki knew that the vampire would find the most likeness in the one resembling herself--Woobat, the bat-winged puffball; though it was certainly not one of the stronger Pokémon in the world, to its credit not quite the weakest, but it would not have been the yama's personal first choice. It was mediocre at best, an annoyance to deal with in caves, and it merely prided on its speed and had little use for other purposes. Similarly, its potential moveset was just as mediocre. Its evolved form, Swoobat, proved to be better, but the dedication and familiarity with the Pokémon required to coax it into its next form felt costly in return for essentially the same moves, and a miniscule-feeling increase in its statistics as compared to the length of time it took to get there.

The judge, once having presented all three of the Pokémon, awaited Remilia's choice, and noticed how, perhaps for the first time, the vampire looked excited, was attentive, was curious, as any child would be receiving a new pet or toy. The usual charismatic, dominant aura around her disappeared, and now she was showing her more childlike side. Eiki found it amusing; in the future, would training Pokémon and meeting others invoke more...human natures into her?

"Ah. Absol, is it?"

A good choice. As a Pokémon, it had a strong start, and while it grew more slowly than others, the time and training was actually worth it. Absol had a wide arsenal of formidable moves, it was open to learning many, and all-around it might almost be too powerful for a budding trainer. And so Eiki had chosen one with a more contrasting nature, hoping that spending so much time with the Pokémon in the future would turn out well for both her and her new Absol.

The judge returned Gothita and Woobat to their balls and set them quietly on the table; the Absol hopped down from the table once knowing that Remilia would become its new master, and stood a bit reservedly next to the vampire. Eiki handed Remilia the Pokeball it was in, then turned toward one of the cabinets nearby to take out several objects and hand them over. Five were also Pokeballs--the last one was a long, rectangular device with a Pokeball design on the bottom. The top part was gray, the bottom pink.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 3011

"These are five empty Pokeballs. I entrust them to you, as you'll be using these to acquire more Pokémon in the future. Use them wisely, but don't fret about using them up because they are always available as long as you have the money for them." With that she handed the five orbs to Remilia, then focused back on the rectangular device.

"This is a Pokedex. It contains information on all the Pokémon in the world; but it is considerably less detailed than you would expect. Your goal, as well as the rest, is to fill it as best as you can. When you first see a Pokémon it will register some information on it for you; but the entry will only be complete when you catch it. For example, Absol is now in your Pokedex." The judge pointed the device towards Absol, and the previously gray dual-screens lit up with colorful boxes of information and a picture of the Pokémon. Following, a computerized female voice recited aloud:

"Absol, The Disaster Pokémon. Absol live in steep mountainous regions, and rarely venture down into areas inhabited by humans. It sharply senses even subtle changes in the sky and the land to predict natural disasters. It is a long-lived Pokémon that has a life-span of 100 years."

"When you first see a Pokémon and point a Pokedex at it, it will give out this simple bit of information. With the capture data for the Pokémon," here she pressed the white button on the device, "it will tell you its physical parameters, moveset, cry, and much more. You can know much, much more about Pokémon with the Pokedex at your side." At this, she now gave the device to Remilia to keep. "As of now, your Absol should know the moves Scratch, Feint, Leer, and Razor Wind. It's not so much now, but in the future, it will learn much more."

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] 4511

She paused, to let the words sink in, before concluding. "That shall be it for my introduction. Your own journey begins here." This time, she actually had to try stopping herself from lecturing. She had been doing that often lately. "You'll be meeting lots more Pokémon and people on the way, as well as battling trainers and Pokémon alike....and much more. Good luck."

[I have to say boy does random generator love you guys because I asked to roll Pokémon AND natures
After this, you just exit the lab, and you can ask (demand) an encounter of some sort. Either Pokémon or item, or just ask for an encounter and I'll end up randomizing what you get. Random is everything. Hope I didn't...miss anything aha]
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:26 am

As the yama handed the vampire a numerable amount of items, Remilia began ignoring Eiki's mundane lecture and observed her new gifts. The pokedex held her interests the best, she observed the screen, its grey screen emitting the slightest bit of a reflection. Her delicate face staring right back at her. Pressing a button, the screen flicked on, colorful lights and boxes surrounded the small screen. She scrolled around, everything appearing blank with the except of her new found absol at her side. She pressed the button once again, the sound of the cold depersonalized voice reciting her starter's basic information. She turned it off mid sentence, reminded that if the vampire didn't listen to the yama's lecture, she would find herself having to deal with a monotonous lecture of information she couldn't bother taking interest in. Her bright eyes faced the professor once more. The yama fell silent and braced herself for a barrage of more "introductions." As soon as Eiki declared that her introduction was complete, Remilia's tense body loosened a bit and she smiled cheekily.
"So I see we're done here. Anyways, I thank you for the supplies and the starter! Just watch, in a few days I'll be reigning over Gensokyo with my new pokemon," She declared, holding her head high and wings widening just the slightest bit. She spun around, signaling for her anxious new started to follow with a wave from her thin hand. It hesitated, looking back at its original owner, but reluctantly followed Remilia, a bit frightened of the consequences of disobeying its new trainer. The two exited the building, the artificial lighting of the building shifted to the dreaded natural sunlight of the outside home. The odd pair began heading towards the forest, anticipating the arrival of a wild pokemon to fight.
(I DEMAND REQUEST A POKEMON BATTLE, SHIZUKU! also my apologies for a shorter reply, believe me, it'll get long again sooner or later)
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: remiliascarlet   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 10:32 pm

'Reigning over Gensokyo with my new Pokemon'? That would be interesting to try - especially considering Absol is still incredibly weak.

Rather than voice the thought and spark either discouragement or a sharp retort from the vampire, who was already leaving, Eiki kept it to herself and watched Remilia leave with the Absol trotting behind, rather proud that she'd set her first Trainer out on her journey. Even if it was a snarky, self-centered vampire. As the blue-haired little girl made her way out of sight, the Yama turned away and let the Woobat and Gothita back to their Pokeballs. For now, her job was done - it was unlikely Remilia would make any call back to Eiki, after all. She retreated to the back once more, awaiting the next visitor.

It was a good idea to build the lab a place that was not quite urban nor suburban. The next are was not far away, and creature-filled forest, tall mountains, or grassy hills occupied the majority of Gensokyo. It was a prime area for Pokemon to thrive, and thrive they did. As such, it wouldn't be much of a walk before Remilia would encounter a Pokemon.

Within a few minutes of walking, a curious little bug poked out of the bushes, alerted by the vibrations of two pairs of footsteps in the forest. Antennae twitching, tail as well - it was a magenta-like color, with a overall round body that had two black circles on the side. On its small head were two large eyes that seemed permanently slanted as if in annoyance.

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] VenipedeXY[/size]

Venipede, the Centipede Pokemon. Using the feelers on its head and tail, it picks up vibrations in the air to determine its prey’s location and state.  It is brutally aggressive. Its bite injects a potent poison, enough to paralyze large bird Pokémon that try to prey on it.

Its being only about a foot in size, and on the weak side, hardly posed a threat to the towering Absol; but here it was, pausing in the middle of the path - shell rippling slightly, feelers continuing to twitch. At any moment, it might decide to launch an attack on the 'visitors'.

Encounter:

[psssh no problem length doesn't matter too much so as long as it's not a one-liner]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]   The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Region of Gensokyo [open to everyone]
Page 1 of 1