Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Emotional Chains

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:40 pm

Hakkyou yawned from her nap spot on a rooftop, utterly bored. She could control the village with her mere thoughts, altering their emotions in a heartbeat. Whether fights or love was what she wanted to see, she could easily get it.

But right now she had no interest in them, because it would just be the same things, over and over again... she sighed. "I wish something interesting would happen for once..." She hopped down from the roof, completely ignoring the human's surprise. They were inconsequential.
Back to top Go down
http://metroid-life.deviantart.com
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:28 pm

The human village was a place that Medicine went to often enough; though she usually kept her refines about the flowery hill and possibly the Netherworld (the yama's long speech actually made her consider leaving the hill), that didn't mean she didn't go out to other places to check things out or explore. General curiosity brought her to a lot of places, when she was aimlessly wandering about, perhaps picking some flowers she thought were nice and would take back home. The human village was loud and bustling and full of humans and little youkai, and it was usually a little crowded; but with what she had she could always buy some little sweets or something, some small things here and there.

Emotional Chains 7010

She headed toward the human village that day, having felt pretty bored all the week with no visitors to the hill; people seemed to know by now that she had lots of poisons to keep anyone she didn't like around at bay. Which meant she probably did a lot more meeting and greeting herself, searching out some people to talk to or someone that looked interesting. That day, it seemed a rather ordinary one about the markets and the people living in the village. She was sure people thought she was a little child or something, but so be it as long as they didn't bother her about getting lost or something else stupid.

Medicine glanced around, watching the people bustle around, listening to the peddlers shout out boasts about their wonderful wares, smelling the fragrance of the flower shop nearby. Most people looked really busy or in a rush; it felt like nobody had enough time here to pause and talk or do anything besides what they were focused on. Next to her someone who was sitting on the roof of the home--she wondered, how someone could get up there if they couldn't fly--hopped down, just like that. From such a high-looking place, landing gracefully without a care...it would be cool to be able to do something like that wouldn't it?

Emotional Chains 2910

"Hey!" She hopped up to the person, tugging on her sleeve a bit. "How did you do something like that? Doesn't it hurt if you jump down from that high?"
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Hakkyou looked down at the girl, wondering who she was. As for her question, she laughed it off.

"Maybe for a human, but we youkai are made of sterner stuff."

Truth be told, she had had some painful falls, ones that almost made her wish she were wearing shoes just so her feet would stop screaming in pain, but once she learned how to fly those days were gone for good.

"You know, I don't think I've seen you before, girlie. ...Yes, you're from somewhere else, aren't you? Well, a pleasure to see a new face, yup! The name's Hakkyou, and you are?"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 11:19 pm

Emotional Chains 4111

Oh...So the girl was a youkai! Medicine hadn't expected that, but that did explain something. Youkai were much, much stronger than normal ordinary humans were, and jumping from a building like that should be no problem for them. Though she'd never tried it herself, since she'd always figured someone would easily get hurt doing things like that. Pain, obviously, was not something she desired. For that matter, nor was neglect, the very thing that had made her into a more resentful, living doll, than simply a mindless abandoned one as she was many, many years ago. Resentment, luckily, was not something she felt too often lately--after all these years, the foolish human who had abandoned her must be long dead by now, and better of it.

Quick of the girl to realize Medicine wasn't from around here, actually; did she really look that different from the other people around? Well, a quick glance around the people nearby revealed that her own dress wasn't quite like the others (she found it stylish and comfortable herself, never mind what other people said), so maybe that was it, or the stranger happened to know everyone else except her. Both of those were quite possible, in fact. Medicine gave a quick nod and let the girl go on, pretending that she hadn't heard the girl call her 'girlie', ironically, when she was a 'girlie' herself. Besides, Medicine was probably older anyway, even if she was young for a youkai!

Emotional Chains 2010

"Hakkyou's a pretty weird name." Of course, everyone seemed to have strange names of some sort, so maybe everyone's names were actually normal. Medicine couldn't exactly remember why she was called 'Medicine' in the first place. It was also ironic since from what she learned, medicine was like an antidote to poison. Though 'melancholy' meant sad, right? It was a weird combination...but she liked it.

"I'm Medicine Melancholy!"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:48 pm

Hakkyou nodded. "Ah, I see... well Medicine, you hungry? I could get you something to eat and we could chat a bit. Truthfully, you're the most interesting person I've met in a while."

She hoped she didn't come across the wrong way or anything, she would have hated to run Medicine off or worse, provoke an attack form her. She wasn't sure what she could do, but even a small youkai like her could easily overpower her, most likely, and probably had a power better suited to fight. She briefly considered just controlling her emotions and making her more agreeable, but there hadn't been any problems yet, and besides, that would defeat the purpose. She wanted to get to know the girl, not control her. Assuming it would even work...

Truthfully, Hakkyou was scared, but she was very good at keeping it hidden. This friendly, seemingly harmless girl could very well be her undoing... or maybe she was worrying over nothing. "Stop trying to make everything into a threat, Hakks! For Shinki's sake, she's just a little girl, she doesn't seem dangerous and if she is I can always run.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:45 pm

Hungry? That didn't quite compute in Medicine's mind. She ate, at times, when she felt like it, when there was good food to eat, when she felt like treating herself and her doll for some fun, but not when she was hungry. No, she really didn't, or rather couldn't, get hungry, being a doll--she could function just as well as any human and possibly better, but an advantage of being alive, yet being a doll, was that she didn't really need food. She never got hungry, and so her meals really were scattered. That didn't make her unhealthy one bit, which proved that her body really was capable of surviving without food. of course, if somebody was offering to get her food, there was no way she would refuse.

Emotional Chains 6610

"Yes! We should get something to eat! I didn't think you'd think I was interesting or anything, either."

Now calling her interesting was as interesting as the comment itself. For those who didn't know, and just about everyone fit into such a category, Medicine was just a normal little human kid or something--nobody seemed to understand how important and special she was. She was a living doll! She was a young youkai! Humans just didn't seem to get that most of the time. Medicine didn't know how Hakkyou could tell she was a youkai, but at least the girl thought she was more special than other people. That counted as good enough.

Emotional Chains 7110

She followed as Hakkyou started leading her away from the house they'd been standing in front of; while she had no idea where they were going, there would be something to eat, interesting things to see, and someone to talk too. It was good to talk to people like this, something she didn't do very often, and should probably do more. Then people would take notice of her, and if the humans about realized how great dolls were, they probably wouldn't abandon them so much, right? She glanced left and right as they strolled along, seeing nothing out of the ordinary--just people chatting and doing daily chores--and focused on where they were going, which still wasn't quite clear.

"Hey, Hakkyou, what do you like to eat? Where are we going?"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 10:55 pm

"Oh, I know a few places, but this one'll do." She took Medicine to nearby restaurant, a small little place with few people. There were better places, probably with better food, but this was her favorite because unlike most of the others, the owner didn't care what you are, youkai or human, as long as you paid.

Hakkyou sat down with Medicine and looked at the menu. As always she ordered her favorite, a rare steak. She could barely stop herself from drooling at the thought of it, but she contained herself enough to ask Medicine what she wanted to eat.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:14 pm

"Wow..."

Emotional Chains 710

Medicine stared with wide, sparkling eyes as Hakkyou led her to the restaurant; it looked like a homely, small shop, but nice nonetheless. There were a few people here and there at the different tables, and she glanced toward the tables on tiptoe to see what the customers were eating. Different types of meat and vegetables with side dishes of rice or rolls or noodles, and there were some buns, too, and she could smell each and every food as it was delivered piping hot. The combination of all the smells should have been revolting, but it was actually pleasant, and served to make her fairly hungry in human terms. None of the people seemed to wonder whether they were youkai or not, even (there was nothing strange up front about the two, truthfully), no strange stairs or awkward whispers that she'd sometimes hear when she sat down by herself in some quaint little cafe. Maybe that was why Hakkyou led Medicine to a quieter store, not one of those grand ones with large crowds of people about? They wouldn't have to wait long here, either, and Medicine hated waiting too long for her food.

She sat down at the table the young waitress led them too, across from Hakkyou, and curiously picked up the menu. It was thin but was packed with colorful images and enticing language, and she felt like she could have eaten everything on the menu if it looked good. Though even if she didn't get hungry, she sure knew when she was full. Some time was spent simply staring at the pictures and mulling over the savory language used to describe the meals. Everything looked good, really! What to order, what to order? There were simple rice dishes with a topping or two, curry rice or noodles, fish dishes, soba, and a good amount of other things. It truly was difficult to decide, but she had to pick something when Hakkyou prompted her about her order.

Emotional Chains 4210

"Umm...I think I'll have the pork fried rice! A small bowl! What about you?"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Hakkyou nodded. "I'll take my usual, the rare steak."

The waitress nodded and walked off to get the food ready. Hakkyou always felt a little guilty she never learned the girl's name, but shrugged it off. One of these days she'd know, it's not like she'd stop coming here, and anyway it wasn't really important.

"So, Medicine... it'll be a few minutes till the food gets here... let's talk. What are you exactly? I can tell you're a pretty young youkai, but other than that I'm clueless. It's not your size it's... how you carry yourself, I guess. The way you move, act speak... that sort of thing. Doesn't tell me what you are, though. I'm a Amanojaku, myself."
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 11:41 pm

'Her usual, the rare steak'...that must mean Hakkyou took her to a store she went to often. The steak must have been really good if it was Hakkyou's usual one, and Medicine figured she ought to try it out next time that she trekked to the human village. It was pretty far away from the lily-of-the-valley hill, after all, so she'd better make the best of all her visits to these faraway places. Or she could come see Hakkyou again and they could go out for food again, if she remembered Medicine...but of course she would. Medicine was far from forgettable.

Emotional Chains 4911

The doll youkai waited eagerly for the food at the table, listening to Hakkyou talk. For some reason people always seemed to know she was a young youkai...was it because of the way she looked? No, Hakkyou shrugged that off. How she carried herself? That didn't really make sense...did older youkai seem different, or something? Yuuka, the much older lady who lived near Medicine's hill, was definitely a lot older, probably old like Gensokyo itself, but she was old in that sort of motherly way. Actually, Medicine saw the woman almost like the mom she never had...even if their conversations were weird, she'd spent a lot of time with Yuuka. Though while her being an old youkai was lots different form the way Medicine was a young one, she still didn't get it. Not that it really mattered, as long as Hakkyou didn't say she was young because she looked small.

So...Hakkyou was an amanojaku. From what Medicine knew, amanojaku were good at a sort of mind-reading, but they were also good at making people evil, or something like that...it was described as 'seeing the darkness in someone's heart' or something, a bit like that the yama could do. Hakkyou could probably read her mind or her thoughts or something, though it didn't occur to her to be scared--after all, she had her poison, and she bet that was strong enough to ward off anything.

Emotional Chains 9710

"I'm a doll youkai, so I'm like a living doll. I'm really good at manipulating poison and using it. I know lots about poison."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 12:21 am

"Poison, eh? That's a useful trick..."

Just as I thought, I wouldn't stand a chance in a fight... good thing we're not fighting, I guess...
It still annoyed her a little that even a younger youkai could easily beat her in battle, but that was fine, she was strong in other ways. After all, what good is it to have power if you don't even want to use it?

"My power is I can sense and control emotion." She neglected to say that some people could resist it if they were strong enough, or if their powers countered her own. Control of information was just as useful as control of emotion... but suspicion was starting to wear off. This girl wasn't her enemy, there was nothing to be scared of. Everything about her radiated innocence, and her emotions were as far from malevolent as possible. She could really trust this girl, could really be friends with her. Just like that, she started to relax, not pretending anymore. Nothing need be hidden.

"I can do some other neat tricks aside from that, I'll show you later. Took me a long time to figure them out too, powers tend to be like that. You have an obvious use and probably a bunch of hidden ones. That's really how you divide youkai- there are the smart ones who learned to use their power to it's fullest, and the not so smart ones that just get by... but I'm rambling. Back to you, you said you was a doll youkai, right? I haven't really met any of those... I think. Maybe. Hard to tell. Ever met a magician named Alice Margatroid?"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 8:17 pm

Emotional Chains 10810

"Yep! People don't try to fight me too often because they know I can poison them. And I can't poison myself, so the enemies can't try and turn the tables," she explained cheerfully, seemingly oblivious to Hakkyou's slightly fearful look. Everyone seemed so afraid of poison, like they thought it could kill them (which maybe a few could), but it wasn't really that bad, was it? But maybe since she was immune to poison people thought she was invincible or something. Which was fine, since she didn't like it when people dumbly made their way into her hill.

"Huh...you can feel other people's emotions? And control them?" That was like...if she was angry, could Hakkyou tell if she didn't look it? Not that Medicine was good at hiding her emotions. That didn't seem too useful, more like a passive ability or something if you were curious enough. But being able to control emotions would be cool. It was just like controlling someone's mind, right? To control how someone was feeling was almost the same as controlling how they felt and what they were going to do. Now that would be very helpful. But did that also mean Hakkyou could be reading Medicine's emotions right now? Although, it wasn't like Medicine had anything to hide. She just didn't like the idea of people prodding into her mind for no reason. Maybe her poison could stop the power if needed?

Emotional Chains 3310

"Alice Margatroid?"

She blinked a few times, saying the name in her head a time or two to see if it would jog her memory. Yes, she'd met someone named that before...a doll-maker, a human who could use magic. They were probably on a first-name basis, but Medicine didn't quite care much for the puppeteer, being one of those people who made dolls. Those dollmakers...did they not know they were causing the dolls' own misfortune? Some idiot would buy the doll, keep it for some time, and then abandon it...just like her. And while she was fine with being a living, breathing doll who excelled in poison, she hated the person who abandoned her. Someone she couldn't remember now...but she was sure lots of careless humans had done things like that before. And she hated those who did.

Realizing she'd been quiet for a bit too long and Hakkyou was staring at her, Medicine nodded quickly to show she was actually listening. "Uh, yeah. One or twice. I know she's a doll maker, but I don't like her all that much. She's just okay. Why?"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 2:12 pm

"Just wondering. I can tell you don't like her much... I can see why too, considering what you are. Someone who makes dolls and neglects them really gets under your skin, huh? I don't need my power to tell that, it's right on your face. To tell you the truth, Alice is a bit..."

At the moment, the waitress came back with their orders. "Oh, food's here!"

Hakkyou dug in the instant the place touched the table, devouring her steak with single-minded intensity. Medicine was probably annoyed at her for not finishing what she was saying, but if so Hakkyou didn't notice. In was a trait many youkai shared, when they eat they simply forget everything till their done. Hakkyou was no exception, and for a few minutes she forgot Medicine was even there. Finally, she took a break from her meal to catch her breath, and remembered that she brought someone with her.

"Oh, sorry... food makes me stop paying attention sometimes..." She blushed, embarrassed by her lack of manners. "Umm, what was I saying?"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Jan 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Emotional Chains 7810

Medicine nodded, listening to Hakkyou's words, eager to hear her opinion on Alice. But the amanojaku cut herself off when the waitress returned with their orders. Hakkyou immediately started digging in to the meal, seemingly forgetting what she was saying or what she was doing, and Medicine could hardly prompt her to speak again, and simply looked at her own meal. The rice was piping hot and steamy, a nice smell emitting from it, and she took a bite. It was on the salty side, good enough, since she liked salty and sweet food (like any child), and she could say she enjoyed the meal.

But her thoughts were mostly occupied of Alice, the doll maker. How she was always making dolls, Medicine bet she had legions of them, probably only kept a few for herself and left the rest unnoticed. It was like creating them so they could meet their own demise. As much as she'd like to go right up to the puppeteer and tell her something special, she just didn't feel like bothering most of the time--but certainly, she could easily slip a drop of poison into Alice's drink or dab is all over the house if she wanted. If she wanted, of course.

Emotional Chains 4310

She dug into the fried rice while waiting for Hakkyou to talk again; might as well eat it while it was hot, since that was what she came for. It wasn't until she was a quarter of the way through with her bowl that the amanojaku spoke up again. Medicine shrugged nonchalantly to the other's remark, then replied, "You know. You were talking about Alice. How she was...whatever. Then you stopped there." Truth be told, Medicine was very curious as to what Hakkyou thought of the puppeteer. Did she hate or dislike Alice, as well? That would probably give her bonus points from Medicine.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 1:58 pm

"Right right, Alice. I don't know her all that well, but she kinda has a bad reputation, what with being a youkai magician and all, and especially with all those dolls she makes. No offense to you, of course, you're great, but it is a little unnerving to see them flying around all the time, so... quiet, like they're plotting something almost. They're definitely watching, that's for sure, they watch anyone who comes up to the house at all."

She paused to scarf down a little more steak, careful to keep her mind on what she was saying.

"But yeah, I was wondering if you knew her, because I can't tell if those dolls are alive or not. I don't really pick up any emotion from them like I do you, but I know they do things and give looks when she didn't tell them to, and it's really weird. I was hoping you could tell. Because if they are alive, that could have interesting implications. Like, are they tear her apart for ordering them around? Do they like her, see her as a mom or something? Don't know, but it'd be interesting to find out. Anyway, rambling again, not letting you get a word in probably. What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 3:06 pm

"Dolls that are always watching, just lurking around Alice's house?"

Emotional Chains 9110

That sounded strange, but at the same time, not unexpected. The few times she'd explored the Forest of Magic, passed by Alice's house without wanting to go in, she had seen some figures floating about, circling the home for some strange reason. That was what most people would see, of course, but the dolls looked to be creating some sort of defense mechanism around Alice's house, perhaps trying to keep people out somehow. Which only heightened Medicine's interest, but most of the time she'd rather not come face-to-face with the puppeteer, there were so many things she could have done, that she just ignored the house and carried on, perhaps a squint toward the dolls themselves to see if they had any emotions, any presence that they were living dolls and just not normal dolls.

But she hadn't seen anything from the colorful dolls, at least not the ones that circled about the house, no sign that they were alive. She frowned, looked down at her meal, continued eating. "I don't think they're living. Alice Margatroid is a youkai, a magician, and a puppeteer. I bet she's just using her puppetry to manage the dolls and use them to her liking, which isn't the same as them being living. I haven't seen them up close too many times, but I'm sure it's just puppetry. If you think they're giving you looks, then maybe they're starting to become alive, or you're just seeing things. But with the way Alice treats her dolls, they'll probably never develop a life of any sort." Abandoned dolls were the ones that really gained form, almost like forming their lives out of sheer hatred for their previous owners. As much as Medicine didn't quite want to admit it, Alice's dolls were actually very well kept (though she told herself that was because she wanted to sell them, not keep them).

Emotional Chains 5910

"So like I said. They're just her puppets, I'd think. Even if they do turn alive, it'll take forever, and right now I'm stronger than them, so if they ever do actually gain life, I'll be so strong by then I can just poison them, or try to get them to turn on Alice."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Hakkyou nodded, picking at the last remnants of her steak. "I see... well, just wondering. Other than you I've never seen a doll youkai, so yeah. Anyway, I'm done eating, so as soon as you're done we can go. I have nowhere to go, so I guess I'll be following you, if that's ok."
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:12 pm

Emotional Chains 6811

Medicine nodded and now moved her mind off Alice, focusing on the plate in front of her. The pork fried rice was, in fact, as good as it smelled, not too many vegetables (she didn't quite care for carrots, but peas were alright) in it, the pork wasn't that dumb canned stuff they had sometimes (incredible! it was real!), and there were lots of scrambled eggs, which she really liked. She would probably come here again, maybe bring Hakkyou along too? Since it was her who introduced Medicine to such a shop. Actually, she didn't even know what it was called--she'd find that out later.

By this point, she'd scarfed down the whole meal and was ready to leave with Hakkyou. She stood up, a cheery smile as before on her face. "The food was really good, you know! I want to go here next time!" The doll stretched her arms and pondered where she should go with Hakkyou. The amanojaku had just brought her to this great restaurant, so Medicine should take her somewhere nice too. Though, since she really didn't get out that much, the only place she could think of--her favorite place--was, naturally, her own hill--where she called home.

Emotional Chains 8310

"You know, I kinda want to show you the place where I live. It's really nice!"

Of course, Medicine seemed to have forgotten that staying there too long was rather poisonous, and being poisonous herself, she had no problem with it, but Hakkyou (someone who proved to be especially weak for a youkai) probably couldn't stay long. It was worth trying, though, to give her credit.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:28 pm

Most people would be suspicious of such an offer, to be invited to the lair of a poison youkai, but Hakkyou could tell by now that Medicine really did mean well. Besides, there was no ill will in her emotions, so it had to be safe.

"Alight, lead the way Medicine. Sounds like it'll be fun!"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 12:58 am

"Okay then. Follow me!"

Emotional Chains 6710

Medicine started walking out of the restaurant with Hakkyou in tow, typical cheery stroll as she walked past the usual peddlers and stands she saw, trying to imagine what Hakkyou might think of her home, that is, the nameless hill. She liked to call it 'her' hill, though might have classified it as a lily-of-the-valley hill, but now, wouldn't that make it a lily-of-the-hill? Such odd thoughts occupied her mind as she led Hakkyou out of the village square and past the village entrance as well, since Hakkyou wasn't saying anything either.

It was quieter now, the constant jostling and awkward bumping into other people of the human village on market day gone at last. Around them now were only fields, a stray house in the distance, grass and prairie and nothing particularly interesting. The road was somewhat paved, which made it so they weren't running through the grass, and Medicine wondered again if Hakkyou was going to prompt her to say anything, but maybe the amanojaku was occupied with simply following Medicine. After all, her pace was quickening as they were leading off the typical path and away from the normal humans, straying now off the path, past the fields, toward those all too familiar lumps she called her own home, the hill. The lily-of-the-valley hill. Medicine's hill.

Emotional Chains 3610

Scaling the hills, fancy words for these rather grassy, partly flattened lumps, brought the two of them to Medicine's usual hangout spot--here, the foliage was denser, flowers littering the path. Careful not to step on a single on, the doll youkai halted right before them, pointing to the flowers and then making a small spin movement to emphasize the area around them. The hills now formed a sort of enclosure around the place, so that it was harder to see the outside, and thus kept Medicine--and the poison--mostly away from the rest of society.

"See! This is my home!"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyTue Jan 07, 2014 1:44 am

Hakkyou said nothing as Medicine lead her away from the city, mostly because she didn't know what to say. That, and she was too busy trying to keep up. The little youkai certainly moved fast for her size, and the fact that she was holding Hakkyou's hand meant she got dragged along with her. She could keep up certainly, but Medicine's size forced her to bend over, making running more than a little awkward.

Still, it was worth it when they finally got to her home. "Wow... this place is beautiful, Medicine!"
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:25 pm

"Yeah, it's really nice, isn't it?"

Emotional Chains 10410

The bright smile returned to Medicine's face, and she was glad Hakkyou loved her home as much as she did. She couldn't see why people didn't appreciate the flowers or anything; maybe it was just too secluded? But that had an upside, because the hill was like her little secret, her special place to show to people. The doll youkai bent down to look at the flowers, always healthy-looking for some reason; she didn't even need to water or do anything with them, and they grew on their own.

Emotional Chains Su-san10

Her own little doll, Su-san, fluttered down and picked one of the stalks, handing it oh so carefully to Medicine, and Medicine sprang up, wanting to show Hakkyou what one of the flowers looked like up close. The flowers were white, and bell-shaped, fresh and wonderful-smelling. She knew they were poisonous and so they didn't affect her, but maybe she could just show it to Hakkyou from a bit away? They were such beautiful flowers, and they smelled so nice...pity people couldn't enjoy them.

"Look, this is a lily of the valley," she pointed out, standing about a foot away from Hakkyou and showing her the flowers. "They smell really nice, but I'm pretty sure they're actually poisonous. So don't breathe it in! But it's really pretty!"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptyThu Jan 09, 2014 12:21 am

Hakkyou examined the flower. "It really is beautiful... I can still smell it though." It had a very pungent smell, not too bad. "It's... kinda nice. But it probably will kill me, so..." She backed up a bit, away from the smell. "It really is beautiful, though." She said apologetically.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 12:23 am

"But I thought youkai were strong and powerful, even against poison?"

Emotional Chains 5210

Medicine blinked a few times, looking at Hakkyou in confusion. Even the people who had lurked around the hill for no reason (and Medicine attacked them) could last at least a danmaku battle with her--of course, they'd all leave soon enough because the poison would overwhelm them, but they couldn't quite kill someone (unless she used her deadliest poisons) save for making them dizzy or feel faint. With all of Hakkyou's emotion-sensing-and-controlling-power, she didn't seem to be very strong if she couldn't even handle a little bit of poison. Sighing, the doll youkai peered at the flower, inhaling in its sweet scent. Being immune to poison had its benefits, but other people just couldn't enjoy the stuff she did, since it was poisonous. Like the whole field.

Other than the flowers, there was little to see, except for Medicine's own little house. Shrugging, she waved an arm to lead Hakkyou to the small home about a hundred yards away; contrary to what some people might have thought, she did actually have a sort of house of her own. It wasn't exactly anything to boast about, though, her never being one who cared much for housekeeping. Su-san did some, but even in her free time she didn't feel inclined to deal with the dust settling around the untouched belongings. She suspected someone lived in there once, but maybe spent too long and died of overexposure to the poisoning after a lifetime--maybe it was the home of the foolish child who'd thrown her away. Either way, it was her residence now.

Emotional Chains 812

"Come on, this way--I'll show you to my house."

Once they reached the home, Medicine opened the door and trotted inside, letting Hakkyou follow and see what the house was like. It was very small, barely fit for a person and a child, had a main room and a sort of bedroom where Medicine would spend some of her time. There wasn't much to do, anyway--some old books lay in stacks, a few cupboards and shelves had random objects or silverware, the table and its two chairs were near untouched (since she hardly had company), and otherwise it would look like any other home. Just old, and very old. If there were bugs around, the house would fit the true quality of run-down.

"Here! It's not much, though, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Hakkyou let herself be led off to Medicine's house, a bit relieved to be away from the flowers. "I probably could have stayed there a bit longer, I just don't know how long and I would really rather not find out. I'm probably being paranoid, but when you've been around as long as I have it kinda comes with the territory. If you was around when I was a kid, you'd probably know what I mean... but anyway, I'm babbling again."

She took a good look at Medicine's house. Hakkyou's own home was much nicer, not out of any ability or cleanliness on her part, but simply because the human who owned it and let her stay was a bit better about that sort of thing in that he had a maid to take care of such issues. On her own, Hakkyou's home would probably ended up looking much the same.

"Your home is pretty nice, but it could use a little work. I could probably get my maid to help you out here, if you want. But for now... remember when I said there were other things my powers can do? I think it's time I showed you."

She concentrated and a white aura appeared around her, quickly shifting into several smaller auras of various colors around her. The auras dissipated, revealing what seemed to be several smaller Hakkyous in different color kimonos.

"See, I can sense and control emotions, and control my own so well I can make small embodiments of emotion to do stuff for me. I call 'em emotes. You wouldn't mind if they cleaned your house a bit, would you?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Emotional Chains Empty
PostSubject: Re: Emotional Chains   Emotional Chains Empty

Back to top Go down

Emotional Chains
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Roleplay :: Gensokyo :: The Human Village-
Jump to: