Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your First 1CC?

Go down 
5 posters

Games you have 1CC'd?
PC-98
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap16%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 3 ]
EoSD
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap21%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
PCB
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap5%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
IN
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap11%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
PoFV
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap21%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 21% [ 4 ]
MoF
 5% [ 1 ]
SA
 5% [ 1 ]
UFO
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap0%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
TD
Your First 1CC? Vote_lcap11%Your First 1CC? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
DDC
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 19

AuthorMessage
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 11:03 pm

This is a Touhou forum, but there actually isn't real Touhou discussion...so here, a very common and simple question about Touhou.

What was your first 1CC (One Continue Clear), as in what was the first Touhou game you beat? How did you feel about it, was it easy/hard, etc.

I've 1CC'd just about every Touhou game on easy, but the only ones I've truly beaten on Normal mode are EoSD, TD, and DDC. EoSD because there are so little bullets, TD because I just hate that game so much that my anger rolled out into 1CCness, and DDC because you can abuse the life piece counter like a pro. I unlocked extra on PCB, IN, PoFV, and GFW actually because I beat them on easy, and then I did honestly beat Double Spoiler...but that's about it. UFO stands as "the most annoying game" next to TD, as well as "god dang it too many bullets too fast and too sudden and why do I have to chase these stupid UFO's for lives", in which you can see why I get annoyed so easily. SA is decent once you realize how much you can abuse bombs, but I lose so many lives on Parsee/Yuugi/Stage 5 I've never even gotten close to beating it...yep.

Anyway, I just want to know how you guys have been doing with the games. Or any spinoffs, like Seihou, Marine Benefit, Concealed the Conclusion.
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
Kokoro Megido
Magician
Magician
Kokoro Megido

Location : In her house writing about something involving her gay pairings probably

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 12:00 am

I've 1cced all my games from 7 to 14 on Easy while on Normal, I've 1cced IN, PoFV, and MoF. Most of the time, my 1ccs are for the most part are because of dumb luck and my ability to graze pretty heavy danmaku. I'm pretty bad at Touhou when it comes to reflexes and dodging every bullet that comes my way (I usually die because of bullets that I forget to dodge).

I have constantly tried to 1cc SA but Satori stops me dead in my tracks; PCB, I was really close but then Yuyuko's conquest came and destroyed my lives, TD is the closest I'm at with 1ccing if I can find a way around Seiga's stage and Miko's second spellcard. I'm not even trying to do UFO, no matter how much I want to play against Nue. As for the fighting, I could 1cc SWR on Normal if Tenshi would stop being a bugger >:T AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SEIJA. NOPE.AVI
Back to top Go down
http://kokoroandherkokoro.tumblr.com/
Usagi !!
Magician
Magician
Usagi !!

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:33 am

I have LLS, EoSD, IN, PoFV, SWR, SA, and TD under my belt, all on Normal. EoSD was the first, but for the life of me I'm totally unable to do it again. LLS is the easiest game in the series IMO, it's laughable to me even on Normal (and Hard at points). IN was just my favorite at the time, and I practiced so much that I can get to Kaguya whenever I want to. PoFV wasn't hard since Aya is OP. SA because I just forced myself to do it, so I could say that I did. TD just because... I dunno, it was easy. at least until stage 5 fuck you futo
And I've never beaten an Extra stage. Best was 3 spellcards through Mokou.
Back to top Go down
http://illegally-dumped-object.tumblr.com
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:43 am

I've beaten Touhou 9 plenty of times, and Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on Easy... but that's about it, sadly.
Back to top Go down
http://metroid-life.deviantart.com
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Kokoro Megido wrote:
I've 1cced all my games from 7 to 14 on Easy while on Normal, I've 1cced IN, PoFV, and MoF. Most of the time, my 1ccs are for the most part are because of dumb luck and my ability to graze pretty heavy danmaku. I'm pretty bad at Touhou when it comes to reflexes and dodging every bullet that comes my way (I usually die because of bullets that I forget to dodge).

I have constantly tried to 1cc SA but Satori stops me dead in my tracks; PCB, I was really close but then Yuyuko's conquest came and destroyed my lives, TD is the closest I'm at with 1ccing if I can find a way around Seiga's stage and Miko's second spellcard. I'm not even trying to do UFO, no matter how much I want to play against Nue. As for the fighting, I could 1cc SWR on Normal if Tenshi would stop being a bugger >:T AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON SEIJA. NOPE.AVI

Basically, yeah. I'm really bad at reflexes, so in any game that's not IN with like zero deathbomb count I always waste one bomb after I die...which doesn't help, at all. For EoSD I have been betting everything on Master Spark Marisa and then after about half a year I told myself "let's try Homing Reimu" and then I beat the game and so much disappointment in myself. Patchouli has the easiest spellcards on ReimuA and the hardest on MarisaA...

SA is really not that bad if you run around properly, I thiiiiiink. Satori is actually fairly decent depending on who you've picked--I know she's very easy on MariAli, and pretty simply on MariNitori, while decent on PachuMari, but with anybody on Reimu it's just plain hard. Typical for Reimu, though, to run with a phantasm boss and then a fighting game boss. I find Yuugi and Parsee much harder. Parsee just because ugh bullets and then Yuugi because that one last spellcard. Plus Knockout in Three Steps which is like nanododging. I just wish the games (SA/UFO) would let you continue where you left off instead of restarting the stage. If I couldn't beat the stage with 5 lives, how do you think I can do it with 3? Blargh....

TD is actually really easy except for the fact that RUNNING INTO ENEMIES AND DYING ALL THE TIME js. Kyouko imo is actually like the hardest boss. Yuyuko is a pain, Yoshika is a pain, I really really hate Seiga but she is just a pain, Futo is a mico-dodging pain, and Miko is a shower of bombs and bullets...and that's how I Youmu'ed my way through TD. Youmu's focused attack makes the Seiga battle a lot easier, because it pierces through Yoshika to Seiga.

Also come on. Seija is easy. :V Since I use SakuyaA (w/knives), then you can just bomb your whole way through if you're the super-paranoid type like me.

Usagi !! wrote:
I have LLS, EoSD, IN, PoFV, SWR, SA, and TD under my belt, all on Normal. EoSD was the first, but for the life of me I'm totally unable to do it again. LLS is the easiest game in the series IMO, it's laughable to me even on Normal (and Hard at points). IN was just my favorite at the time, and I practiced so much that I can get to Kaguya whenever I want to. PoFV wasn't hard since Aya is OP. SA because I just forced myself to do it, so I could say that I did. TD just because... I dunno, it was easy. at least until stage 5 fuck you futo
And I've never beaten an Extra stage. Best was 3 spellcards through Mokou.

LLS, agreed, is actually the easiest game because who ever heard of a Stage 3 boss that was harder than a Stage 6 boss? Yuuka was depressingly easy tbh, but because I was always a Marisa user I drained about 90 lives on Reimu...until I tried using Reimu. And 1cc'd it. Which is exactly what happened in EoSD AND PCB, and can I really just punch Reimu in the face. I could beat LLS/IN/PoFV if I didn't have your stupid homing bullets.

IN is a romp of boring boss battles until you get to Reimu (the biggest pain) or Marisa (a fun, stressful fight), Reisen who is also a pain of jogging around all the time, and then Kaguya who is actually easier than Eirin. Also, Ex-Keine is harder than Mokou, why. I could almost beat Mokou, really, if I didn't have to go through Keine. Now SA...I need you to teach me how to beat Orin ugh

I don't even want to talk about UFO because Kogasa and then Ichirin and Murasa and I can't even beat Kogasa why
Back to top Go down
Usagi !!
Magician
Magician
Usagi !!

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 5:38 pm

With SA, I always recommend using Reimu A. Even if you have to get past Phantasm-level attacks in stage 4, it feels worth it. and holy shit dont get me started on Parsee
And giving instructions on harder parts of the games sounds like a fun challenge. I don't have as much trouble with Orin as so many people say they do. I might actually do that if I get requests.

And I don't really see why people say that Elly/Kyouko/literally everyone in TD who aren't Futo or Miko are so difficult? I've never experienced that.

If you like going against Reimu and Marisa, OH MY GOD TEACH ME HOW TO BEAT THEM. They're nothing but rage-inducers to me.

UFO is ludicrous. I spent months trying to figure out how to pass Ichirin until I found the secret to hoarding lives, and even then I couldn't make it to Byakuren in stage 6. Murasa and Shou are the worst. I don't even.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyWed Jan 01, 2014 6:12 pm

Usagi !! wrote:
With SA, I always recommend using Reimu A. Even if you have to get past Phantasm-level attacks in stage 4, it feels worth it. and holy shit dont get me started on Parsee
And giving instructions on harder parts of the games sounds like a fun challenge. I don't have as much trouble with Orin as so many people say they do. I might actually do that if I get requests.

And I don't really see why people say that Elly/Kyouko/literally everyone in TD who aren't Futo or Miko are so difficult? I've never experienced that.

If you like going against Reimu and Marisa, OH MY GOD TEACH ME HOW TO BEAT THEM. They're nothing but rage-inducers to me.

UFO is ludicrous. I spent months trying to figure out how to pass Ichirin until I found the secret to hoarding lives, and even then I couldn't make it to Byakuren in stage 6. Murasa and Shou are the worst. I don't even.

Reimu A was the first one I tried out and she's pretty decent, though I need to learn to use her gaps properly (i.e. Parsee)...Some people say ReimuC is good but her shot type is like IN Youmu i.e. horrid, so...well, gotta sacrifice a good bomb for a good shot, I guess. ReimuA is like Persuasion Needle +.

Elly is decent if you play her enough times, it's just running around, but I hate homing attacks with a burning, firey passion, so Elly and Reimu are horrible things. Kyouko is okay if I get lucky, but I'm always used to looking for a pattern, and I can't see a pattern in her attacks, so she's hard. TD is just me crying about running into enemies at the wrong time, which is honestly the only reason why I die. Futo and Miko are really easy. They're just a pain sometimes, but if you do it right, it's not too bad.

I don't like going against Reimu no way hahahahahaha but if you're using Marisa just cry. And then if you're Sakuya then cry a little more...Reimu's nonspell is just run from one side + receive bullets, then run to other side, repeat. Duplex Barrier is like a very, very tense Mountain of Faith. For the entirety of Reimu's battle I suggest never, ever leaving focus...because wow running into orbs isn't cool, also too many bullets. Fantasy Seal is more crying and...god, just all of Reimu is crying and anguish.

As for Marisa, utilizing the tiny Reimu hitbox is very, very important. Otherwise, judge weave around bullets and UTILIZE THE SMALL HITBOX THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. Because I can't beat her on Youmu. For Non-Directional Laser, think Patchouli with more open spaces. Again, Reimu can usually squeeze between stars no matter what, but Youmu's gotta look for some openings. Master Spark is doable, actually--direct the Spark toward a corner and run to the other side for dodging, or, if you want grazing, stay near the edge of the light. Earthlight Ray is pretty reminiscent of PoFV, but you actually have bombs, so if you stay out of the way...it's okay. It's a lot like Nitori or Shou in that way.

Murasa herself is easy unless you're talking about her Last Spell, but Kogasa's "Umbrella's Night Train" or whatever is just a big bombing spree. Ichirin...is more bombing and bombing. I just need a way to beat Orin so I can just practice the stage...but no. I can't.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 12:46 am

i havent actually truly completed any of them...i mean on EoSD i did manage to beat it on normal, but i had to use more lives than the default. ive always managed to get to the 6th boss, but they usually cream me. :< (i was so close to beating DDC on my first few runs but truthfully the 6th boss is the toughest yet!)
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

remiliascarlet wrote:
i havent actually truly completed any of them...i mean on EoSD i did manage to beat it on normal, but i had to use more lives than the default. ive always managed to get to the 6th boss, but they usually cream me. :< (i was so close to beating DDC on my first few runs but truthfully the 6th boss is the toughest yet!)

Oh, more lives than the default? I thought everyone used max lives. ; w ; Honestly Remilia's not that hard imo--she doesn't have super hard gimmicks or difficult spellcards, it's just easy enough dodging. I have more trouble on Sakuya than anything else, because I'm not good at fast bullets that come from nowhere...

Bosses like Yuyuko and Kaguya are harder because they have their strange gimmicks and last-spells--Yuyuko's final spellcard is a huge pain on Normal but it's even harder on Easy. Kaguya, since it's IN, is pretty simple--she's easier than Eirin in that sense. Kanako isn't actually that difficult since you can spam bombs if you need in MoF...Miko isn't hard, either, if you can micrododge, which is easy for me because I'm good with small dense bullets and not lots of fast ones re: Seihou.

Uh, which character are you using on DDC? I've beat the game with everyone on Easy mode and beat it with SakuyaA on Normal. Sukuna is actually very easy for a stage 6 boss but...I guess it depends on your character. SakuyaA's bomb and shot is the best for survival, I think, because Marisa is like a wildcard and Reimu's shot is also wildcard and her bomb is too slow. So I'd say go with SakuyaA and bomb allllll you like in the game if you're doing badly, and if you just want to get to Extra, the game lets you 1cc on easy. If you abuse the autocollect, it's not that hard. I could give you like a stage-by-stage rundown if needed? I've played DDC tons of times.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:36 am

Shizuku wrote:
remiliascarlet wrote:

Oh, more lives than the default? I thought everyone used max lives. ; w ; Honestly Remilia's not that hard imo--she doesn't have super hard gimmicks or difficult spellcards, it's just easy enough dodging. I have more trouble on Sakuya than anything else, because I'm not good at fast bullets that come from nowhere...

Bosses like Yuyuko and Kaguya are harder because they have their strange gimmicks and last-spells--Yuyuko's final spellcard is a huge pain on Normal but it's even harder on Easy. Kaguya, since it's IN, is pretty simple--she's easier than Eirin in that sense. Kanako isn't actually that difficult since you can spam bombs if you need in MoF...Miko isn't hard, either, if you can micrododge, which is easy for me because I'm good with small dense bullets and not lots of fast ones re: Seihou.

Uh, which character are you using on DDC? I've beat the game with everyone on Easy mode and beat it with SakuyaA on Normal. Sukuna is actually very easy for a stage 6 boss but...I guess it depends on your character. SakuyaA's bomb and shot is the best for survival, I think, because Marisa is like a wildcard and Reimu's shot is also wildcard and her bomb is too slow. So I'd say go with SakuyaA and bomb allllll you like in the game if you're doing badly, and if you just want to get to Extra, the game lets you 1cc on easy. If you abuse the autocollect, it's not that hard. I could give you like a stage-by-stage rundown if needed? I've played DDC tons of times.

yeah honestly remilia wasn't that difficult but sakuya was an absolute pain in the ass :U
yuyuko was an interesting boss to beat and she kind of functioned like an extra boss if anything with her weird timed spell. ugh i hate that. (honestly youmu was even tougher for me.)
i actually never gotten to kaguya, i've always used the scarlet devil team and i refuse to try any other until i beat eirin but reisen is THE WORST. ugh its like the 5th level bosses are more difficult than the 6th. except maybe sanae. i mean...i havent even gotten to stage 6 on SA!
i'm actually using sakuyaA, i always enjoyed using sakuya and i really like her attakcing method. it makes sweeping bosses soooo easy.
but that's alright, i'll make it someday...its just the 6th boss that's a pain, but eventually i'll manage to defeat her.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 2:29 am

I don't think the Scarlet Devil team is actually very good for 1ccing considering that a) Sakuya has the biggest hitbox in existence and b)you have to fight Reimu. Reimu's attacks are horrible and you even have a big hitbox, so just don't use SakuRemi IMO. I should note that I hate using Reimu but her small hitbox and homing attacks make her the best character...and in IN you just abuse lives anyway, and just avoid fighting Reimu, seriously. I'd say you could use Youmu to fight Marisa but her hitbox cannot handle big stars...

Tbh, Reisen is not that hard because her boss battle relies on you defeating her spirits. Once those are dealt with the boss fight is pretty easy. And by then you rack up enough lives and bombs that you can bomb away most of the hard cards, don't use Yukari's bomb though... Eirin is in fact harder than Kaguya, but bombs and practice can usually get you where you want to be. If you don't mess up stage 4 of course..

haha nobody gets to stage 6 in SA. Wait. Today I tried ReiAya for the first time and actually got to the start of stage 6 after crying over Orin's fight...but I was just lucky. Orin is harder than Utsuho, and basically all stage 5s are harder than stage 6s except for Reisen (oops)...

Sukuna has the best final spell out of everyone though, I'd say Seija and the Tsukumos are still harder than she is.

Also ugh mobile typos everywhere this should have taken 10 minutes but it took half an hour.
Back to top Go down
Usagi !!
Magician
Magician
Usagi !!

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 6:06 pm

Usagi !! wrote:

OH YEAH I SAID I WOULD DO THIS IM GONNA DO THIS
Back to top Go down
Usagi !!
Magician
Magician
Usagi !!

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 7:40 pm

Usagi !! wrote:
Usagi !! wrote:

OH YEAH I SAID I WOULD DO THIS IM GONNA DO THIS
Okie dokie, I 1cc'd SA on normal again. I'll try to make a special strategy guide.
Replay Here.

Last edited by Usagi !! on Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated link)
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:32 am

Shizuku wrote:
I don't think the Scarlet Devil team is actually very good for 1ccing considering that a) Sakuya has the biggest hitbox in existence and b)you have to fight Reimu. Reimu's attacks are horrible and you even have a big hitbox, so just don't use SakuRemi IMO. I should note that I hate using Reimu but her small hitbox and homing attacks make her the best character...and in IN you just abuse lives anyway, and just avoid fighting Reimu, seriously. I'd say you could use Youmu to fight Marisa but her hitbox cannot handle big stars...

Tbh, Reisen is not that hard because her boss battle relies on you defeating her spirits. Once those are dealt with the boss fight is pretty easy. And by then you rack up enough lives and bombs that you can bomb away most of the hard cards, don't use Yukari's bomb though... Eirin is in fact harder than Kaguya, but bombs and practice can usually get you where you want to be. If you don't mess up stage 4 of course..

haha nobody gets to stage 6 in SA. Wait. Today I tried ReiAya for the first time and actually got to the start of stage 6 after crying over Orin's fight...but I was just lucky. Orin is harder than Utsuho, and basically all stage 5s are harder than stage 6s except for Reisen (oops)...

Sukuna has the best final spell out of everyone though, I'd say Seija and the Tsukumos are still harder than she is.

Also ugh mobile typos everywhere this should have taken 10 minutes but it took half an hour.

i don't know...ive been using the scarlet devil team from the very beginning. its a really unique team to use, especially since remilia is quick for a focused character and sakuya isn't too fast. (i have a hard time with fast chars) not to mention remilia's set bullets are really useful for bosses, you just have to time them correctly. after practice i found reimu really easy to beat tbh, its just a matter of memorizing patterns, the few times i play against marisa were a pain in my ass because the bullet shapes.
honestly, the second best team imo is probably reimu/yukari? its homing abilities are captivating *o* marisa/alice are a pain because their bullets are so thin and i can't seem to control marisa very well and alice's focused attacks are far worse. as for youmu/yukari...oooooh my god. youmu's unstable bullets are so awkward to use and the fact yukari's focused attacks are actually weaker REALLY bug me (i tend to use focus a lot, so knowing that is just ugghghhg)
i don't know...with reisen even though you have to memorize the patterns, the fact some of the bullets can't be blown away really bugs me. not to mention some of the patterns get way too cluttered and it really makes me panicky
wow i can't believe you managed to use that team??? i found them really difficult and find myself sticking to the cliche reimu and yukari, sometimes i'll use suika too

Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:44 am

Lots of people say Reimu and Yukari is the best, and she probably has the best ability, shot type, and damage output. However I just tried ReimuAya and I really like the bomb, so I'm going with that. The fact that I managed to beat Orin means I'll be sticking with them forever...not that I use her ability, but I don't use any special ability of Reimu's. Aya's speed is practically useless but I can use it to dart between some enemy fire, if needed. I bomb like hell (hah) so I need powerful bombs like Aya's.

I found myself bombing the whole way through Reisen, really, but her nonspells are pretty easy and I guess it's just a matter of being good at predicting where the bullets will go. Don't move too much and take advantage of the moments where the bullets are moving but you can too without getting hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your First 1CC? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your First 1CC?   Your First 1CC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Your First 1CC?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: Touhou Franchise-
Jump to: