Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Venting Thread.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Konton Southerncross
Magician
Magician
Konton Southerncross

The Venting Thread. Empty
PostSubject: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 10:21 pm

A thread for all people who just need to blow off steam. This has been done on two other forums I am a part of and it has worked tremendously. So yeah, you all now have a place to rage.
Back to top Go down
http://arcana-muses.tumblr.com/
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 9:39 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 10:40 pm

^

Ya sound like I used to, then one day. I just stopped caring, no more fucks to give. You don't KNOW how much better I felt. I stopped doing what people wanted and began doing what I wanted. That's how you master life, the less fucks given, the better.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofgensokyo.forumotion.com
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 1:41 pm

Mm, I'd definitely like to stop caring, but it'd end up being an even greater disappointment to everyone I know. I'm the kind of person who hates failure in any sort. According to everyone I know, I'm supposed to go to, like, Stanford or something because the rest of my cousins have.

I'd probably end up blaming it all on the North American education system in general because it feels like they're not teaching us enough and yet they're expecting so much more from us--we're supposed to be highly intelligent, pass the SATs with flying colors, take 12 AP classes, be in 3 sports, do 100+ hours of community service, be in clubs, and win multiple awards so that you might maybe, maybe get into that one good college.

Basically I'm ranting because I'm thoroughly unathletic, but I'm expected to be very so, along with all these other things and then it's like...where's the time for relaxing and fun? Our childhood is all bout having a great future, but once we get there we realize we went ahead and missed our childhood.

It's pretty stupid.
Back to top Go down
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 2:47 pm

Ya can't please everyone, making everyone happy is impossible. But then again, I must be allergic to failure, because everytime I get close, I just go atchoo and achieve!  

Basically what I'm saying is, it's not what they want, it's what YOU want.  Do you want to achieve and succeed? Do you want to be the best there is? Do you want to defeat everyone? What if you don't?  

The more you try and please everyone, the thinner you'll be stretched and the more you'll be stressed, you'll drive yourself fucking insane with stress and your sanity will cease to exist, I should know, I almost ended up in a mental clinic because of this shit.  

So what if your cousins did that? So what if the school wants you to be the best?

It's not about them, it's about YOU and YOUR future. There's no need to rush, no need to force yourself, take your time and take the right path.

Also, the answer will show itself to you one day, the answer that makes will allow you to have a peace of mind. I know it hit me when I was 17, but I dunno, maybe it'll hit sooner for you.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 5:19 pm

The thing is, I do want to achieve, succeed, and be the best at everything that there can be. Comparing myself to the people who I'm friends with and such, I am the best. But what matters just as much is my family achievement and they're everywhere. Winning art competitions, getting in the news, playing in the big leagues for their age, achieving scholarships, everything.

The actual school I go to isn't particularly good and is not particularly motivating in any way to help me 'be the best' and I find myself not relying on it at all, save for one or two teachers I'm rather close to and am already doing everything I can. Usually, it just doesn't feel 'good enough'.

Because I'm so ridiculously competitive at times and thrive a lot on praise from others, I feel the obligation to be perfect at everything (yet there's nothing I can think of). However, when it boils down to what I'm 'good at'--perhaps drawing, perhaps writing, possibly...what? I can say I'm generally good at some things, but I am neither a jack-of-all-trades or an expert in anything. So what is my selling point? I don't know. It's only another imminent problem that seems to grow larger as I get older.

Failure's probably my biggest fear, swiftly overtaking the fear of death in recent years. I don't think I'm really afraid of dying anymore, I'm probably more afraid of living and being a disappointment.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get out of this...dump soon enough. It's a rather long depression attack, maybe sixth grade is coming back.
Back to top Go down
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 8:13 pm

Changing the topic, I want to take a few moments to express my...dislike on winter.

-Ahem-

Spoiler:

That is all.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptySun Mar 02, 2014 10:58 pm

The Venting Thread. Youmus10

pfft
Back to top Go down
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

For some unexplained reason, it seems like people dislike OC, doesn’t even matter the fandom and I can’t fathom why, I find it STUPID that people have a PREJUDICE against them. Those Canon characters you RP? They’re ORIGINAL CHARACTERS TOO! Just because I didn’t put money into mine, doesn’t mean I didn’t put hours of passion and effort into them. Goddamn.

Oh, let me guess, you’re going to say. Well some OC’s are badly written, some are overpowered and sueish.

Psst. Come closer, closer.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A MARY SUE.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A BAD CHARACTER.

There is only the bad writer. The one unable to utilize their character how they should be utilized.

You could have an all powerful God character and have them be loved by all, and you could have a weak ass character hated by all.

So in the end, don’t blame the OC’s, blame their creators. Don’t hate on them JUST BECAUSE, they’re OC’S.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:50 pm

I try my best not to hate OCs. I don't hate them in general. Sadly enough, the ones I've been acquainted with before you are just...bad. Which, really, doesn't mean the OC is badall the time--the creator can be just doing a really bad job with the character.

In fandoms such as Bleach or Touhou or whatever, I've seen a lot of characters that would probably be considered 'Sues' because they just have so many powers and stuff. Of course, I've also seen a lot of writers who've done it beautifully and the characters are not godmod at all. That's a good OC, in my opinion.

I'd still like to say I believe there are 'Bad OCs'. I mean, you can't quite say that a 'tall girl with F-cup breasts, had a terrible past and is always happy to hide it, is capable of killing you if you piss her off, etc etc' (I'm not kidding, I have seen OCs like this many times) is good, can you?
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:39 pm

i gotta say, a lot of oc's tend to leave a sour taste in my mouth for the whole op thing. you see, i come from the homestuck fandom and a lot of the fandom is amateurs at making good characters trying to get into my character's pants. especially since i roleplay an incredibly ornery asshole and people expect me to be nice to them off the bat, oc's are avoided by me.
as for touhou, the whole series is over powered as hell so, eeeeeh its ok. but if you go on to the SDM and beat remilia's ass easily then yeah, we got a problem.
i dont' mind roleplaying oc's with oc's though, those are super fun imo. but you're right tho, oc's arent inherently bad, its just the context and position you're putting them in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Venting Thread.   The Venting Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Venting Thread.
Page 1 of 1