Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? Empty
PostSubject: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 12:58 am

i noticed the forums been reeeeeaaal quiet so ill start up a new tooic. if you were a resident in gensokyo what kind of creature would you be? youkai, ghost, kappa, human? also list your power! feel free to describe your appearence too
as for me, id be a bat youkai with the ability to manipulate heat since bats are my favorite animals and i cant stand the cold and im usually told im really warm to touch
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Being a magician or a half-human/half-ghost would be interesting. I'd like to have the ability to read minds, too, so I'd go for a satori as well. Oh, but tengu are really nice too, haha. I love mythology...
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 2:40 pm

Shizuku wrote:
Being a magician or a half-human/half-ghost would be interesting. I'd like to have the ability to read minds, too, so I'd go for a satori as well. Oh, but tengu are really nice too, haha. I love mythology...

that's neat! all those would be pretty rad to be. i'm not that familiar with japanese mythology but gosh diddly darnit i love the stuff
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Haha, yeah! I love mythology and mythical creatures and folklore, it's really cool, even though I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject. Like anyone else though I have my fair share of Greek/Roman, American, and Norse mythology...but I'm hoping I can get deeper into Chinese and Japanese mythology all this stuff is so cool though
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Shizuku wrote:
Haha, yeah! I love mythology and mythical creatures and folklore, it's really cool, even though I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject. Like anyone else though I have my fair share of Greek/Roman, American, and Norse mythology...but I'm hoping I can get deeper into Chinese and Japanese mythology all this stuff is so cool though

ahhhh yes. i kind of wish they wouldn't just teach greek/roman mythology. i mean there's so many interesting cultures to learn about their unusual creatures or myths and you choose one to focus on since 3rd grade? maybe i'll take some time and learn about the chinese and japanese creatures of mythology sometime when i'm not being held by procrastination's tight grip.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 8:32 pm

remiliascarlet wrote:

ahhhh yes. i kind of wish they wouldn't just teach greek/roman mythology. i mean there's so many interesting cultures to learn about their unusual creatures or myths and you choose one to focus on since 3rd grade? maybe i'll take some time and learn about the chinese and japanese creatures of mythology sometime when i'm not being held by procrastination's tight grip.

Ah yes, procrastination...the student's greatest enemy...

I guess they just think that Greeks and Romans were one of the core points of early European society, and so consider learning about them and their reign, as well as their religions and mythologies, is extremely important. Which is true, but I think it's even more important to learn even a little bit about the Chinese dynasties and their history of several millenia; we merely skimmed over some "important" events during world history, and I think we should have learned a lot more than "Chinese made paper and gunpowder", you know? As for Japan, we spent most of our time on the feudal era. For both of these, hardly a mention of their mythology or actual belief, aside from some slight mentioning of the rise of Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and Shintoism...

...and this is more of a history/rant/complain rather than an actual discussion of what would happen if you lived in Gensokyo haha
Back to top Go down
Usagi !!
Magician
Magician
Usagi !!

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 10:09 am

I used to say "powerless wolf tengu", but people told me that was too depressing.
Back to top Go down
http://illegally-dumped-object.tumblr.com
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I think I would be a magician, yes. Mostly because what I'd REALLY like to be is Patchouli, and that's as close as I'll get. Just the thought of that library makes me drool...
Back to top Go down
http://metroid-life.deviantart.com
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 7:22 pm

Oh, so much agreement. I love libraries so much, and just living in such a huge library with so many books to read...being a Koakuma or Patchouli type would be nice. I bet Patchouli's read every book in the library, and Koakuma's getting there. Aah, I love library girls/guys in general.
Back to top Go down
RocketPunch
Human
Human
RocketPunch

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 am

Hmmm... I think it might be interesting if I were a youkai... although I'd be the kind who liked humans. As for what I'd look like or what kind of youkai I'd be... I'm not real sure. I don't know yet, since I'd have to give that a lot of careful thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?   if you lived in gensokyo what would you be? Empty

Back to top Go down

if you lived in gensokyo what would you be?
Page 1 of 1