Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

that dumb sorting game

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

that dumb sorting game Empty
PostSubject: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:52 pm

i wanna see where ya'lls priority lies in how you rate your touhou characters, here's my list. i don't know very much about the pc-98 characters because i find a lot of the designs too similar to distinguish from one another and not enough dialog, but i did find touhou 3 a little more interesting.
its pretty clear i'm in love with all the SA with the exception of okuu and kisume. kisume just freaks me out man...she's too mysterious...
here's the list:
Back to top Go down
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:55 pm

1. Miko
2. Tokiko
3. Iku
4. Rinnosuke
5. Tenshi
6. Youmu
7. Youki
8. Myouren
9. Ran
10. Shou
11. Cirno
12. Remilia

What? Expecting more? I can't dish out cares for all those you know. Besides, the rest of those fall into Meh.
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofgensokyo.forumotion.com
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:58 pm

yeah i really should have shortened my list because tbh doing over 100 clicks and stuff made me sort of lose who i really do like and who i don't. nazrin and kogasa should have been higher...same with shiki...
your list is so short and sweet holy crap i can barely sort my ACTUAL favorites withotu fumbling and thinking for 10 hours about it
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am

lol you know what is a short list? mine

1. Youmu Konpaku
2. Medicine Melancholy
3. Eiki Shiki
4. Tenshi Hinanawi
5. Iku Nagae
6. Satori Komeiji
7. Nazrin
8. Letty Whiterock

I'm not joking I really can't think of other people
Back to top Go down
http://melancholyjudgement.tumblr.com/
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:03 am

oh god i cant believe i forgot to post the game in the first place
here u nerds go http://tohosort.comoj.com/
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:18 am

this game is insane

EDIT: 242 and counting.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:29 am

im so sorry omfg
Back to top Go down
Knell
Founder
Founder
Knell

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

here are mine -

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://legendsofgensokyo.forumotion.com
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 12:54 am

by god remilia I went through 672 battles

my results:
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 6:06 pm

everyone knows so much about pc-98 games my list are tiny babies compared to everyones @-@
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 8:45 pm

PC-98 isn't something I really knew about anyway buuut once you play all the Windows games you kinda wanna move on, right? And PC-98 is actually really hard re: no deathbombs, no hitboxes, even in SoEW you can't even focus! And HRtP is insane...but the music is really, really good just like other Touhou games, maybe even better imo. I guess I know characters by themes more than anything else, but...yeah PC-98 is great play it
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 9:56 pm

id play it but i cant seem to find any proper download link for it...
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 06, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm like 80% sure the first link I got off googling 'touhou pc-98 download' works, it contains a PC-98 emulator and the first five games.

If you're not on Japanese locale all the letters show up as ??!???!, and if you're on Japanese locale, they'll show up as regular Japanese text. Another note, HRtP, PoDD, LLS, and MS have no English patch, but SoEW does if you look a little. Japanese locale will remove the #'s in the HRtP text and the other games, but that's about it.

anyway, I just play PC-98 for music :V
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 1:42 pm

i finally downloaded it but i originally had a bit of trouble with the even numbered games...anyways, they're actually really fun! hard as hell but pretty fun.
i kind of wish now that i didnt' judge these games so harshly due to the old art style. the characters are actually pretty cute. just wish there wasn't so many blonde girls in maid-like outfits. :/
anyways, the games are pretty enjoyable, they're so much more fun to play opposed to watching them .
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:11 pm

Watching a game can never really replace the horror glory of playing it for yourself, yeah?

SoEW is insanely hard though...You can unlock Extra on SoEW by beating it with all three shots on any difficulty, including Easy. To be honest, for me, the game and bullets themselves are very easy, it's not running into enemies that is the true source of trouble for me. ReimuC is the one I like best, with a very strong attack and slow speed so it's like you're always in focus. There are only 5 stages, so I guess it's not as bad...

As for Lotus Land Story, I gave up on using Marisa because Reimu was too darned hard. Homing Reimu actually makes the game a piece of cake, so yeah. Shoot an enemy even when it's invincible because it gives you points and the game runs on scoring lives....

yeah so I play lots of PC-98 and although I may not be able to be a pro I can give a little advice on stuff?? I've played everything so many times haha
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 8:58 pm

oOOOh my god yeah man SoEW is godawful i could barely make it through the second stage because i kept colliding with enemies and the boss felt odd and unpredicatable to me? its the weirdest issue tbh. also marisa was awful to go against the stupid magic orb things kept murdering me. but i agree, i'm more fond of slow characters because they're easier to control through waves of dense bullets.
i liked using marisa but i noticed that the game really kicked it up a notch as soon as reimu made a scene. omfg. gotta admit tho, maiden's cappricio (however the hell its spelled) is really freaking good even in cutesy pixel sounds.
anyways that would be totally rad of you! bluh these games are so difficult but really fun?
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 9:30 pm

Yeah, the music of PC-98 is actually really good *-* I really like She's in a Temper!! (SoEW S1 Boss/Rika's Theme) End of Daylight (SoEW Stage 2), Dimension of Reverie (MS Stage 2), Selene's Light (LLS Marisa, Stage 1), Alice Maestra (LLS Stage 4), Lotus Love (LLS Stage 5), Maple Wise/Forbidden Magic/Crimson Dead/Judas Kiss (all of MS Stage 4). And Dim. Dream is arguably one of my favorite themes, although it's so overshadowed...I'm really a sucker for repeated chords re: Hellfire Mantle, Rural Makai City Esoteria, Girl's Sealing Club. Also PoDD: Tabula Rasa (Ellen) and Lost Dream (Kana)...PC-98 is great overall.

I'm not sure what you need help with specifically so I'll just talk about what killed me the most in SoEW/LLS/MS I think. I play on Easy because the game is too hard so--yeah, just pretend everything is harder on normal with like 6 times more bullets and enemies to run around.

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Stage 4:

80% of the time I die on Meira because BAM HIT AN ENEMY no help to you stupid homing bats so I don't even know how to deal with Mima. I was on my last life and so...literally bombed every spell lel

I haven't played Lotus Land Story since I beat it which is like...last year so uh I'll get back to you on LLS and MS later the SoEW dissection is half-done and I will now play it again to be sure.

I hope...this helped???
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:27 am

yeah man it totally helped! thanks for taking the time to write this all out for me. u the bomb
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 1:09 pm

lmbo I just went through SoEW with ReimuB and found out my information was totally wrong...-ish oops

So yeah, like usual I just....crashed into enemies all the time and then died before Marisa ;;

I mean if SoEW was like, typical windows game with hitbox (I'm not even joking all I need is a hitbox) I could probably do it oh...hard mode I don't know, the game seems ridiculously easy tbh, just that it's PC-98 and somehow that jacks up the difficulty insanely.

I was going head over heels trying to beat MS with Reimu on Normal until I found out you could beat the game on Easy @.@. Which allows me to basically test out all shot types on all things. Mima is really, really fast but isn't good for anything else; Marisa is actually just medium speed and is a hard hitter; but Reimu is still best for annihilating waves of enemies, though she's probably the weakest.

I feel like Mystic Square is actually pretty straightforward; Stage 1 and 2 just kinda breeze by, Alice is genuinely not hard (you can avoid lots of damage by not shooting in that one attack with the fairies forming a 'gap' while Alice shoots lines toward you, since you can just make it up later)...the only one who's really hard is Shinki, who is a Stage 6 boss that lives up to the Stage 6.

Oh, but for Stage 4 of MS I found Mai (miss blue) a lot easier, but it took me a while to find out the gimmick that you have to defeat one to actually fight the other. One of Mai's spells is basically like Satori's first spellcard so easy peasy there, except the lasers move and can still deal damage so stay in the middle. uhh that's it for MS I guess, collect all your lives on Stage 4 by running around and attacking flying spinny thingies

By the way, which difficulty do you play on and what's your main character/shot in general?
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:48 pm

yeah man, like when i watched videos i scoffed thinking these games were easy but ohhhhh man i was wrong. its basically the lack of focus as well as an invisible hitbox that terrifies me.
truthfully i used yuuka because i was biased. i always found her an interesting character when the fandom doesn't go nuts over their obsession with her being a sadist. but she kind of sucks. haha. i found mima to be pretty good actually! reminded me a lot of present marisa.
truthfully i found alice to be a pain in my ass. @-@ same with mai truthfully, beams make me anxious so i prefer fighting yuki because its just tons of streaming. (i think? i may be thinking of another boss)
i usually play normal. i generally get to the last level, but i use continues :U
personally, i use reimu because im fond of her slower speed and homing abilities, even if they arent that strong. but when the opportunity arises, i like using sakuya.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Is that so? Alice (Stage 3 MS) was actually...really easy for me, she's probably easier than Louise (Stage 2) because Luize (spelling???) and her lasers are really scary welp. I'd stream a lot better in MS and be less scared of lasers iF I COULD SEE MY HITBOX seriously that's the only thinking making PC-98 hard.

I like characters with high attack, so all this time I thought Marisa was my ace, but let's say I found out that in EoSD, Patchy's ReimuA spells were a cakewalk compared to like, ReimuB or MarisaA (impossible) or B (goodbye lives). Because I always timed out Sakuya's spellcards I needed some homing...but Reimu's so weak @m@

Yumeko in MS is like nope though. Streaming is easy but then...80% of the time I'm like 'well I dodged that laser' but I...didn't and bam lost a bunch of lives and that's also what happened with Shinki. Mima's kind of weak imo, but she's good for picking up point items for lives, but I wouldn't pick her because I always see her shots blend in with the opponents and I...can't tell whose is whose (another big problem in PC-98).

My main ranges from game to game--so EoSD homing Reimu; PCB homing SakuyaA; IN Reimu because hitboxes; MoF laser MarisaB; SA ReimuAya (oddest one out); UFO laser Marisa; TD Youmuuuu; and then DDC SakuyaA. In general I'd say I stick to Marisa because I like watching the boss's HP continually go down, with Reimu it's like bit-bit-bit and Sakuya would be used more if she didn't have a huge hitbox. :U gosh she has the BEST bomb in DDC though, even better than MariNito in PCB because they were lacking in shot damage/radius.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:28 pm

im not sure why alice was difficult for me? it's kind of unusual truthfully. even mai and yuki were toughies but somehow i think i recall yumeoko was easy??????
truthfully i looooove characters with heavy power, but i actually prefer dealing with characters that are nice and slow so i dont make any bad movements and collide with dense bullets.
idk mima was pretty fun? i didn't test out reimu or marisa because i was so sick of seeing their faces and i looooooove picking new characters. however, i did test out marisa and found her pretty good! her speed isn't terrifyingly fast but her powers pretty good.
here's mine
EoSD: Marisa B (i was so sick of losing with reimu i fled to marisa for the extra power boost. idk how i managed to survive)
PCB: SakuyaA (idk why i like using her i don't even like sakuya that much)
IN: Scarlet Devil team (i'm just biased but i pretty much mastered them)
MoF: ReimuA (generic reimu but best reimu imo)
SA: ReimuSuika team (i like suika more than yuyuko. the dialog is much more fun to read)
UFO: Sanae (can't remember which one is the wide spread one? but i like that one a lot more)
TD: Sanae (i hate her but i dont know why i use her so frequently)
DDC: SakuyaA (once again i was biased and i just used her, but found her to be pretty amazing? shes wonders for mauling bosses)

who do you use in the fighting games btw?
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:10 pm

They all basically have their own benefits but the few characters I'd think are potentially weak are Persuasion Reimu (pre-TD) because...if you wanted that power you could just Marisa y'know? aand for SakuyaB of PCB, I don't really see anything special there.

The fighting games...haha I can talk forever about them, I'm so bad at them though lmbo. I'm talking about Soku/SWR because HM is really hopeless

My main character just changes all the time, it used to be Youmu. Now it's probably...Komachi and Suwako, because scythe comboooos and that cutting attack is best and Suwako's 2A, 2C, and j6C are LIFE. Youmu is really great when it comes to spamming 5A combos but she's depressingly horrid when it comes to bullets so she's kinda...down there for me now sorry Youmu. Tenshi is pretty good too, but I only use her selectively since her 236/3C attack takes time to set up, but her B attack is really really goooood and her j2A attack (where she sits on the opponent) are really great. It really just depends on who I'm going against.

My worst characters are probably Suika (aimed?? attacks????), Aya (also aimed attacks, if I try hard enough I can spam with her though), aaaand...Meiling because she has no long-range attacks and I'm not good enough for reflexes with her.

I'd also put Reimu on my 'absolutely useless' list but that's only because I CAN'T COMBO HER TELEPORT ATTACK and the day I will she'll be my best character.

Then again, if I could become a pro at Aya I would beat my friends all the time because ranselect hates me more than anything. Meanwhile my friend consistently rolls Sakuya and Patchy nonstop, who are his best characters ever urk

I found Tenshi to be a good character against Sakuya, but not Iku; aaand Sanae is really bad against Meiling, and I have much more tests I've done to see who's good with who for matchups but I don't have a lot on hand now.

As you can see I invest A LOT of time into Soku but I'm still horrible at it whoops
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 7:01 pm

ooooh my gosh, you certinally know your stuff. i'm awful with the actual game, but i love challenging lunatic chars in arcade mode. obviously, i use remilia because i'm a biased asshole. honestly, she's over powered as hell but i've gotten to used to her to change my ways. however, i do like to use reisen. her initial cards are awful but if you give her time, she's actually decent when you use her alt crards.
yeah suika is so weird to use??????? i just...don't...get her??? her pattern is too awkward to use and aya is whack as hell.
i hardly use reimu because if there's options to play as other characters besides her and marisa, i'll always pick the alt.char.
but thats interesting how you've actually figured which characters are good against. i usually just try to master two characters and beat the crap out of everyone.
Back to top Go down
Shizuku
Administrator
Administrator
Shizuku

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:14 pm

Remilia is insanely powerful because that C attack (the big red bats) is like a 30 hit and so much damage and then her 5A combo is really powerful too @w@. And her 236 is also really good, and her 22C, and wow Remilia is just great all around. I like her a lot too.

Reisen is...I really don't like her for absolutely no reason she's just...nah for me. Her attacks are pretty decent but her cards suck until you try them enough which I'm not interested in, so.

Arcade mode is really fun but it's actually too easy if you use your best characters ;v; so I'm trying to learn characters re:AYA by doing it but then I just die and it...makes me angry. But if I feel down I can just bust in Komachi and beat everyone yeeeeeah

Doing that is generally the best but sometimes even your best character is JUST NOT GOOD against someone else's so I try to figure out who's good with who. I consider myself 'good' at a character if a) I can beat Lunatic Arcade and b) I can beat the com using said character on Lunatic Arcade stage 6-9ish. Do you use netplay? 'cause it would be fun to fight you I'm sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: that dumb sorting game   that dumb sorting game Empty

Back to top Go down

that dumb sorting game
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Community :: Touhou Franchise-
Jump to: