Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  ChatroomChatroom  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Walk Through Darkness

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

A Walk Through Darkness Empty
PostSubject: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Shoki walked along, watching the woods for any sign of danger. She often came this way to get away from her annoying friend Hakkyou, to think, or maybe just because it was a nice path. Whatever the reason, though she had been through many paths in the Forest of Magic, this one was her favorite.

Favorite didn't mean any less dangerous, though, and being a tasty human, all sorts of youkai, murderous plants, and other such creatures loved to chase her. Most humans wouldn't dare go into the forest for that reason, but Shoki's weaponry made such threats a mere annoyance... usually.

She knew quite well that getting cocky and assuming they couldn't beat her could only lead to trouble. She couldn't relax, but even so, that hint of danger did make the trip a little thrilling.
Back to top Go down
http://metroid-life.deviantart.com
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:01 pm

(hey i'll be roleplaying as Satori, i'm gonna need access to your char's exact thoughts, so please do me a favor and put them in italics or something so i'll rp her right.)

The Lady of the Palace of the Earth Spirits, Satori Komeiji, had been scouring the land for her younger sister, Koishi. After her sibling had closed her third eye, she lost her initial power of reading hearts and gained the ability to manipulate the subconscious. This in hand, made it incredibly difficult to locate her, as everything seemed like a game to the younger youkai. Koishi has the ability to make it seem as if she didn't exist in her victims' subconscious in a way turning her "invisible," she used this to her advantage by making her next to impossible to locate.
Satori's heart swarmed with worry for her younger sister. She hadn't seen her in days, causing distress to clog her mind. She had her pets search for her, but alas have found no trace of her. So she decided herself to roam the land in search of Koishi herself.
Ms.Komeiji found herself in the Forest of Magic. Truthfully she had no idea where she was, as she was barely familiar with the land above her. It was rather lovely once she got used to the natural lighting. She was used to living in dreary and dark areas, so this was a nice change in pace.
Satori stood in place, fingers on the temple of her head, analyzing the small area around her and unleashing her mind reading abilities with the help of her third eye.
Soon her mind was filled with the countless thoughts of living creatures. They swarmed through without any order or logic.
I'm hungry! I need to feed my young though...
Dammit, the book won't open without a password! Ugh, looks like I have to return it to Patchy...Hope she isn't there to see I "borrowed it."
Mhm...Nice patch of flowers to eat...
Suddenly she found a peculiar thought. It didn't seem to be anyone she knew and clearly wasn't a simple beast's mind. She focused in on it and furthered her observation. Perhaps she had some unusual ability allowing her to see her sister. Satori listened in closer, reading her thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 6:10 pm

As Shoki walked, her thoughts wondered, as they often did on her walks. Ahhhh, it is a nice evening for a walk. no clouds, moon overhead... then again, that's when the youkai are most active, isn't it? Never know what you'll bump into out here. At least the smarter ones know to leave me alone, but... it would be nice to have SOMEONE to talk to, even if it is a youkai. Nice that nice bubbly one I met a few days ago, wonder what she's up to...
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:11 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Ahhhh, it is a nice evening for a walk. no clouds, moon overhead... then again, that's when the youkai are most active, isn't it? Never know what you'll bump into out here. At least the smarter ones know to leave me alone, but... it would be nice to have SOMEONE to talk to, even if it is a youkai. Nice that nice bubbly one I met a few days ago, wonder what she's up to...

Hm, just an adventurous human...Perhaps she wouldn't mind my company... Satori contemplated.
The youkai walked forward, listening in on her thoughts like a radio. The closer she got, the louder they would become. Satori leaped into the air and flew above the trees, carefully scanning the area like a radar. She knew she grew closer as she could hear the voice of the girl's heart grew louder and louder.
She flew down, gently hovering just barely above the ground. She began skimming the land a bit to find her. She was behind her, and hadn't noticed yet. At last, there she was! To make it seem as if she wasn't following her without her consent, Satori flew the to the sky once again and positioned herself back down close enough for the girl to easily encounter the youkai.
She fixed her posture and expression, making sure she presented herself as approachable yet friendly.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 8:02 pm

Shoki saw someone nearby and walked closer, as they didn't seem hostile. Her features quickly became clear- purple hair, the blue clothes, the third eye. A satori.

"That's odd, I thought your kind wasn't supposed to be aboveground. What's a satori like you doing up here?" Her tone wasn't aggressive, just curious. I don't know why the aboveground youkai hate the belowground ones, but it's not really my problem. Never heard Satori to be especially dangerous, so this could be nice... wait, she's probably reading my mind! Saves me the trouble of talking, I guess...
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 11:17 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Shoki saw someone nearby and walked closer, as they didn't seem hostile. Her features quickly became clear- purple hair, the blue clothes, the third eye. A satori.

"That's odd, I thought your kind wasn't supposed to be aboveground. What's a satori like you doing up here?" Her tone wasn't aggressive, just curious. I don't know why the aboveground youkai hate the belowground ones, but it's not really my problem. Never heard Satori to be especially dangerous, so this could be nice... wait, she's probably reading my mind! Saves me the trouble of talking, I guess...

"Hello, I'm Satori Komeiji, mistress of the Palace of the Earth Spirits," She introduced flatly. Despite being content to find another face in these woods, her expression only spoke apathy. "I located you with my third eye...You seem to be searching for company...I can provide that if you're willing to assist me. You can continue speaking with your mind if you please, truthfully, your heart speaks louder than any word that falls out of your lips."
She gazed around, just in case she may find a hint of her sister and then looked back to the other face. She was content that she wasn't too shocked about her infamous ability. Oftentimes, as soon as others heard about her abilities, they would usually abandoned her. It was nice to have some company that wasn't animals
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySun Jan 12, 2014 8:16 pm

Shoki nodded. Then I won't bother talking. What do you need help with? Must be serious if you came aboveground. If I had to guess, it probably has to do with that other satori I saw, right?
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 12:17 am

Metroid-Life wrote:
Shoki nodded. Then I won't bother talking. What do you need help with? Must be serious if you came aboveground. If I had to guess, it probably has to do with that other satori I saw, right?

"Excellent guess. I'm searching for another of my kind...Happens to be a tad bit shorter than me, wavy gray-green hair and a yellow blouse and decorative green skirt. Does that happen to fit the description? She's my sibling and she hasn't came home in a few days. I've been worried for her and praying she hasn't gotten into trouble," She remarked solemnly, her eyes screaming worry. Even her third eye mimicked her expression.
"Look, there isn't much of a prize or incentive to be offered, but I suppose we can arrange something later."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyMon Jan 13, 2014 1:21 pm

Shoki smiled sympathetically. Don't worry, I wasn't thinking of a reward. And I think I do remember someone like that, but it's... fuzzy... She shook her head, but the memories didn't get any clearer. She had a vague recollection of meeting such a satori in the Human Village, but what they spoke of and where she went afterward she couldn't remember at all.

I don't know where she is, but... a friend of mine could try her down. She can sense emotion, and I do remember her saying the satori seemed like a void- she couldn't detect any emotions from her, and that sort of thing could be noticed instantly.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 12:41 am

Metroid-Life wrote:
Shoki smiled sympathetically. Don't worry, I wasn't thinking of a reward. And I think I do remember someone like that, but it's... fuzzy... She shook her head, but the memories didn't get any clearer. She had a vague recollection of meeting such a satori in the Human Village, but what they spoke of and where she went afterward she couldn't remember at all.

I don't know where she is, but... a friend of mine could try her down. She can sense emotion, and I do remember her saying the satori seemed like a void- she couldn't detect any emotions from her, and that sort of thing could be noticed instantly.

Satori slightly smiled back, gratitude swarmed in her magenta colored eyes. As Shoki began to attempt to recollect the memories of encountering her sister, she saw glimpses of her memory. They were too fuzzy to make out unfortunately, seeing them made her more anxious and more determined to locate her precious sister. She prayed something clear would pop up but it seemed after moments there was nothing to see.
The youkai sighed but as soon as she began speaking about her friend, her expression slightly lit up with optimism.
"Oh, who does this friend happen to be...?" The satori questioned, tilting her head in curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:23 am

Her name is Hakkyou. As she thought it, memories of the emotion controlling amanojaku came flooding back to her, the good times, the bad, the pranks, her teasing but friendly presence. She can be kinda irritating, but she wouldn't hesitate to help you. I can take you to her, if you want, I can't read your mind after all. She gestured by the way she came, to the Human Village.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 1:05 am

Metroid-Life wrote:
Her name is Hakkyou. As she thought it, memories of the emotion controlling amanojaku came flooding back to her, the good times, the bad, the pranks, her teasing but friendly presence. She can be kinda irritating, but she wouldn't hesitate to help you. I can take you to her, if you want, I can't read your mind after all. She gestured by the way she came, to the Human Village.
"Thank you so much for your help, Shoki. If you don't mind, I would love to see her now," She requested politely. The satori looked behind Shoki, impatiently trying to locate if there happened to be a village nearby. Clearly, there wasn't any building within the range of her sight. She grew antsy, Satori tried to maintain her cool, but excitement raced through her heart considering there is a chance she could find her sister soon.
"So which direction will we be taking to see this friend?"
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyWed Jan 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Follow me. Shoki lead her quickly back to the Human Village, actually flying instead of her usual leisurely walking pace. She searched the village for a while, but Hakkyou was nowhere to be found.

I don't understand... she's usually up in the rooftops or at the bar, but now... She looked about desperately, but the youkai was nowhere to be found. She's probably messing with me, like always... Satori, can you find her? Her mind should be easy to pick up.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 am

Metroid-Life wrote:
Follow me. Shoki lead her quickly back to the Human Village, actually flying instead of her usual leisurely walking pace. She searched the village for a while, but Hakkyou was nowhere to be found.

I don't understand... she's usually up in the rooftops or at the bar, but now... She looked about desperately, but the youkai was nowhere to be found. She's probably messing with me, like always... Satori, can you find her? Her mind should be easy to pick up.

Satori was more entertained looking at the buildings while Shoki attentively searched for her companion. It was like the underground city that was nearby her home, but with more humans opposed to onis roaming about spilling sake everywhere they went. It was much more quiet, fit for the lonely mistress. Suddenly, she was distracted by the voice of her new friend.
"Oh, right. Just give me a moment," She responded.
She kept walking, attempting to use her powers. Satori focused immensely, and once again she was swarmed with the thoughts of many individuals. Most came from humans exhausted after a difficult day of work but one seemed out of place...
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyThu Jan 16, 2014 1:08 am

Let's see, who to mess with now... Satori felt a mind suddenly become overwhelmed with happiness. Nah, boring... The mind filled with rage, only to quickly return to normality. Ugh, so boring... wait... that's interesting. Hakkyou's mind focused on Satori's. These emotions... loss, fear, anguish... THAT'S interesting! A black-clothed youkai jumped down in front of Satori, grinning.

"Heya, name's Hakkyou!"
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Let's see, who to mess with now... Satori felt a mind suddenly become overwhelmed with happiness. Nah, boring... The mind filled with rage, only to quickly return to normality. Ugh, so boring... wait... that's interesting. Hakkyou's mind focused on Satori's. These emotions... loss, fear, anguish... THAT'S interesting! A black-clothed youkai jumped down in front of Satori, grinning.

"Heya, name's Hakkyou!"

The sudden influx of emotions was strange, never have she experienced such quick mood swings. This sure was an unusual individual...She soon realized this youkai was capable of sensing her emotions. This lead to shock and disbelief, it was always the opposite. Seeing for once it happened to be her surprised of a youkai's power this certainly was a rare and bizarre situation.
Suddenly a black figure leaped down in front of Satori. Astonished, she fell backgrounds and hit the ground with a squeak. A wave of embarrassment hit her, she quickly rose up and wiped the dust off of her clothing and looked to the youkai in front of her.
"Oh...So you must be Shoki's friend! We're in need of your assistance," She rushed with her words, hoping the other wouldn't acknowledge her slip.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Jan 18, 2014 11:50 pm

Quote :
The sudden influx of emotions was strange, never have she experienced such quick mood swings. This sure was an unusual individual...She soon realized this youkai was capable of sensing her emotions. This lead to shock and disbelief, it was always the opposite. Seeing for once it happened to be her surprised of a youkai's power this certainly was a rare and bizarre situation.
Suddenly a black figure leaped down in front of Satori. Astonished, she fell backwards and hit the ground with a squeak. A wave of embarrassment hit her, she quickly rose up and wiped the dust off of her clothing and looked to the youkai in front of her.
"Oh...So you must be Shoki's friend! We're in need of your assistance," She rushed with her words, hoping the other wouldn't acknowledge her slip.

"Yeah, she and I are roomies, I'll be glad to help, person I just met!" She laughed. "As soon as you tell me who you are, what the favor is, and all that good stuff. I'd ask for payment, but seeing you fall on your butt is payment enough."

Last edited by Metroid-Life on Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 1:01 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Suddenly a black figure leaped down in front of Satori. Astonished, she fell backwards and hit the ground with a squeak. A wave of embarrassment hit her, she quickly rose up and wiped the dust off of her clothing and looked to the youkai in front of her.

"Yeah, she and I are roomies, I'll be glad to help, person I just met!" She laughed. "As soon as you tell me who you are, what the favor is, and all that good stuff. I'd ask for payment, but seeing you fall on your butt is payment enough."

Embarrassment flooded towards her, to the youkai, she must have reeked of strong emotions. She attempted to ignore the sensations of negative feelings and proceed to politely request for assistance. After all, this wasn't about Satori, this was about her sibling, and she planned to find her as soon as possible.
Instead of pondering it, she used one hand to play with her skirt, distracting the satori from her sudden influx of embarrassment. Satori Komeiji smiled politely, responding to the youkai's words, ignoring the last sentence.
"Oh, I'm sorry. I should have begun with that sooner...I'm Satori Komeiji, of the underground and Mistress to the Palace of the Earth Spirits. I don't suppose you've seen another satori located around here? She's a tad bit smaller than me, gray-green hair and wears a black hat lined with a yellow ribbon. It's difficult to locate her, but you wouldn't happen to sense her, would you? She's a difficult being to locate..."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 4:11 pm

Quote :
"Oh, I'm sorry. I should have begun with that sooner...I'm Satori Komeiji, of the underground and Mistress to the Palace of the Earth Spirits. I don't suppose you've seen another satori located around here? She's a tad bit smaller than me, gray-green hair and wears a black hat lined with a yellow ribbon. It's difficult to locate her, but you wouldn't happen to sense her, would you? She's a difficult being to locate..."

Hakkyou pondered this. "Another satori... yeah, I think I DO remember her. Don't know where she went, but I could look, easily." She concentrated, and her emotes appeared. "Alright girls, you know what you're looking for. Spread out, search Gensokyo! Report back when you have her!" The emotes saluted in unison and flew off in different directions.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 9:28 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Quote :

Hakkyou pondered this. "Another satori... yeah, I think I DO remember her. Don't know where she went, but I could look, easily." She concentrated, and her emotes appeared. "Alright girls, you know what you're looking for. Spread out, search Gensokyo! Report back when you have her!" The emotes saluted in unison and flew off in different directions.

Satori's drowsy-looking eyes widen with joy. She felt hope sear through her heart. Her chances of finding Koishi were getting larger and more likely. As the youkai began concentrating, she waited patiently, awaiting the results. She just prayed the location would become crystal clear in moments. Just to get an insight on the time it'll take, the satori began scanning vaguely through Hakkyou's mind, hoping for some answer.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Hakkyou watched through her emotes's eyes, a very difficult feat, and one she had just picked up in the last decade- it literally hurt her mind as five different sets of images rushed through her. But then she saw a flash of yellow in the Forest of Magic... her target.

"Forest... of... Magic.. ow... She shook off the images, letting the emotes keep what they were seeing to themselves. Somewhere near Alice's House... I'll... I'll take you..." She found it very difficult to stand. "Can... can you help me up?"
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyTue Jan 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Metroid-Life wrote:
Hakkyou watched through her emotes's eyes, a very difficult feat, and one she had just picked up in the last decade- it literally hurt her mind as five different sets of images rushed through her. But then she saw a flash of yellow in the Forest of Magic... her target.

"Forest... of... Magic.. ow... She shook off the images, letting the emotes keep what they were seeing to themselves. Somewhere near Alice's House... I'll... I'll take you..." She found it very difficult to stand. "Can... can you help me up?"

Satori stared at Hakkyou in alarm as she read through the eyes of multiple individuals. She had no idea it would induce pain for the emotion reading youkai. The mistress felt a bout of sympathy coupled with guilt. She didn't want to her to hurt herself, but she reasoned sacrifices would be made to find Koishi, and it wasn't just time she would be sacrificing.
Her moment of reading her own thoughts ceased as the pained youkai began to speak, she reacted quickly, the results have arrived.
"O-oh, right!" She leaped to Hakkyou, offering her assistance as she had requested. "Do you need a moment to rest? If you give me the directions I would be more than happy to go off myself."
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Quote :
"O-oh, right!" She leaped to Hakkyou, offering her assistance as she had requested. "Do you need a moment to rest? If you give me the directions I would be more than happy to go off myself."

(Sorry I took so long...)

"No, I'll be ok..." Hakkyou got up with Satori's help. "I can still fly, you'll need me to take you to her." She lifted into the air shakily. "Come on!" She flew off to the forest.

Shoki, seeing her leave, flew off after her and Satori. They might still need her help, after all.
Back to top Go down
remiliascarlet
Youkai
Youkai
remiliascarlet

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:55 am

Metroid-Life wrote:
Quote :

(Sorry I took so long...)

"No, I'll be ok..." Hakkyou got up with Satori's help. "I can still fly, you'll need me to take you to her." She lifted into the air shakily. "Come on!" She flew off to the forest.

Shoki, seeing her leave, flew off after her and Satori. They might still need her help, after all.

Grasping one of her arms, she dragged the shaking youkai up into the air and stabilized her movements. As they floated in the sky, Satori's calm voice requested more information.
"If you could, I'd appreciate the information on the location. I guess you could just think about it and I'll read your mind but that's your decision," She offered, her arms still faithfully holding onto the fatigued girl in her grasp.
Back to top Go down
Metroid-Life
Youkai
Youkai
Metroid-Life

Roleplay info
Characters:

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 7:27 pm

Quote :
Grasping one of her arms, she dragged the shaking youkai up into the air and stabilized her movements. As they floated in the sky, Satori's calm voice requested more information.
"If you could, I'd appreciate the information on the location. I guess you could just think about it and I'll read your mind but that's your decision," She offered, her arms still faithfully holding onto the fatigued girl in her grasp.

"T-Thank you..." Hakkyou would never admit it, but without Satori she probably would have fallen from the sky. She didn't think this would have taken so much out of her... "She's near Alice's house, like I said... near this weird purple tree..." She pointed to the tree in question. "I think I see her."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Walk Through Darkness   A Walk Through Darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

A Walk Through Darkness
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next